News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alabama this weekend

Started by catman529, March 14, 2019, 11:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Quote from: cuttinAR on March 18, 2019, 08:41:39 AM
You're not in middle Tennessee anymore Toto!!
Dang right, I walked 21 miles over 3 days to not even find a fresh track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dublelung

Dang man that sucks about all the timber being cut. Dont look like there was many roost trees left there. 

T-town

Quote from: catman529 on March 18, 2019, 07:15:26 AM
Well I got back yesterday. The area I hunted has been logged so heavy the birds are almost nonexistent. Saw 2 small group of hens in the whole 3 days. Most of the good mature pines were clear cut. Talked to a few locals who said the turkey hunting used to be really good. The only gobbles I heard were a few roost gobbles across the river, a good ways off on private land.

I did find some hogs, managed to sneak within 30 yards of 5 pigs down in a hollow before they caught my wind and took off. Saw some good deer sign too.

I'll be looking into other places to go next weekend.

I got home yesterday with enough daylight to check a couple of my old spots, walked up on a big flock within 10 minutes, found tons of sign in another spot, it was nice to actually see a turkey track. Lol

I could have told ya, no birds in Bama.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: catman529 on March 18, 2019, 09:30:36 AM
Quote from: cuttinAR on March 18, 2019, 08:41:39 AM

Dang right, I walked 21 miles over 3 days to not even find a fresh track

Sounds like an average weekend in Louisiana lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Ahab

Were I hunt birds love those clear cuts after they get some new growth started in them one or two years after it's logged. NW Florida is really off to a slow start. I saw a dozen hens in a wad this morning and only got one courtesy gobble in four days of hunting. Not
many tracks either. I was happy just to see some birds today.  I think it needs to warm up a bit.