OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Alabama this weekend

Started by catman529, March 14, 2019, 11:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Who's gonna be out after em this weekend? I live in Tennessee but got my AL license back during deer season so I'm heading back down to some new public ground I've never set foot on. I've marked some spots on the map and only got tomorrow to scout. Heading down there after I get off work in the morning, wish me luck. Anyone been out to listen for birds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

northms

Good luck Catman. Give them Bama birds hell. The Mississippi militia is organizing and getting ready to report for duty in about 7 hours.  :OGturkeyhead:

aclawrence

Good luck. I think I'll be waiting until April 1st most likely. We had some crazy wind this morning. Might check down in the bottoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElectroGyspy

Good luck sir,

I'll be out there with you. Supposed to be a bit nippy I believe.

E

pdaugherty

I'll be after them too, can't kill them sitting on the couch at the house.

tha bugman

Quote from: catman529 on March 14, 2019, 11:05:27 PM
Who's gonna be out after em this weekend? I live in Tennessee but got my AL license back during deer season so I'm heading back down to some new public ground I've never set foot on. I've marked some spots on the map and only got tomorrow to scout. Heading down there after I get off work in the morning, wish me luck. Anyone been out to listen for birds?

Good luck!  Looking forward to a good video out of it!

wkyhunter

Good Luck Cat and everyone else!

JasperGlass

I'll be hunting some corps land tomorrow. Hopefully there isnt much pressure down there. Not many people are willing to use a boat when it comes to hunting

camotoe

Hunting yes bama nope but good luck . Send the cool weather south

Claybirdd

I'll be waiting till the 1st up here in North bama.  Bankhead is my stomping ground

aclawrence

Quote from: Claybirdd on March 16, 2019, 05:30:40 AM
I'll be waiting till the 1st up here in North bama.  Bankhead is my stomping ground
I've seen pictures of people killing birds from Bankhead but I've never seen a bird or a track. I've spent most of time around the wilderness area chasing hogs.

Claybirdd

You just have to go deeper in the woods than all the other guys. 

aclawrence

I hear that. I put in some serious miles looking a few new areas for hogs.  I did find more deer sign than I was expecting. A lot of it down there doesn't have enough geographical diversity to hold a lot of animals. You don't even see hardly any squirrels or birds until you start getting around the edges of two wood types.

catman529

Well I got back yesterday. The area I hunted has been logged so heavy the birds are almost nonexistent. Saw 2 small group of hens in the whole 3 days. Most of the good mature pines were clear cut. Talked to a few locals who said the turkey hunting used to be really good. The only gobbles I heard were a few roost gobbles across the river, a good ways off on private land.

I did find some hogs, managed to sneak within 30 yards of 5 pigs down in a hollow before they caught my wind and took off. Saw some good deer sign too.

I'll be looking into other places to go next weekend.

I got home yesterday with enough daylight to check a couple of my old spots, walked up on a big flock within 10 minutes, found tons of sign in another spot, it was nice to actually see a turkey track. Lol

cuttinAR

You're not in middle Tennessee anymore Toto!!