turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box call chalk

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 01, 2019, 10:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

I don't switch back and forth colors of chalk. I just use rain chalk if a call needs a little and hunt.

Sir-diealot

I use what the call makers sends me until it is gone and then just use some stuff I have had for years from H.S. Strut
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Thanks for the replies guys. Really wasnt concerned with what everyone uses. I was wanting to know if anyone has experience with changing chalk and call sound changes. Again thanks
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 01, 2019, 01:32:40 PM
I use the red brick chalk and white Dixion Waltham ... sometimes we mix little white with the red .. it all depends what your looking for on the front end and back of the call.. Do use rain chalk sometimes also... Tim Lisa Murdock has had 2 live show's one last week and yesterday .. he call tell you more about running short boxes backwards and how to get 8 birds from a short box .. It's worth your time to go to his Facebook and see his last 2 live show's ...do not mess with the blue , brown etc ....

This is the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks Greg
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Happy hooker

Is there anywhere you can hear his past shows I'd love to hear them

Wvturkeyhunter

I would also like to know where to hear past shows!

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy hooker on March 03, 2019, 01:37:15 PM
Is there anywhere you can hear his past shows I'd love to hear them
Go to his facebook .. Tim Lisa Murdock and watch his pass 2 show's .. if you can't see them message me your number and i will send them to your phone ....

Chris O

I use whatever is handy to find. I have some calls with 3 different colors on the lids I can't really tell much difference in any of them. After season I try to wipe the majority off then if I feel like playing it in summer months I usually put rain chalk on them

Greg Massey

Chalk makes a lot of difference in the sound of the call... the old red brick chalk that you can't buy anymore form the factory that close , is some of the best .. sometimes you will find some on ebay for sale ... you can take the red and mix some of the white and get a different sound .. red grips the rails of the call a lot more than any of the other chalks ... for people to say i just use whatever , your NOT getting the full potential of that call...  so just keep using whatever .....

bobk

I still have a limited supply of Walbuck red chalk. Most of my box calls and scratch boxes sound best with this chalk. A few boxes  like Dixon white.
There is a definite sound difference between chalks.

Greg Massey

Quote from: bobk on March 05, 2019, 01:49:11 PM
I still have a limited supply of Walbuck red chalk. Most of my box calls and scratch boxes sound best with this chalk. A few boxes  like Dixon white.
There is a definite sound difference between chalks.
AMEN ....

Tom Talker

Quote from: Turkeyman62 on March 01, 2019, 03:03:10 PM
This is  the chalk I was referring too.

I have found that the A-Way Red half moon chalk works better than any that I have ever tried on scratchers and box calls. It gets in the pores better and lasts much longer. You cannot go wrong with it.

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Brwndg

Quote from: Tom Talker on March 14, 2019, 12:44:45 PM
Quote from: Turkeyman62 on March 01, 2019, 03:03:10 PM
This is  the chalk I was referring too.

I have found that the A-Way Red half moon chalk works better than any that I have ever tried on scratchers and box calls. It gets in the pores better and lasts much longer. You cannot go wrong with it.

Same stuff I got over 30 years ago for .30 cents. Never runs out.

Go to nearly any hardware store and you can pick up a half-moon carpenters chalk in brick red (comes in white and blue, too) for .30 -$1.00 
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Turkeyman62

Brwndg
Yes Great chalk.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..