News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Barrel removal

Started by Philinms, March 14, 2019, 01:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philinms

For those of you running a receiver mounted red dot on  mossberg 835:
Have you noticed any appreciable POI changes after removing the barrel for cleaning.

bbcoach

I run a red dot on my 835.  I remove the barrel every year to give it a good polishing and haven't seen any POA/POI issues.  I do grab a pair of channel locks and tighten the barrel nut 2 to 3 more clicks after hand tightening though. :welcomeOG:

dirt road ninja

It would worry, I'd have to confirm.

davisd9

When I ran a scope I always made sure to tighten the barrel but to the exact same spot. A few times it was not and I was off. Tightened it up and good to go. I now just shoot bead and do not have to worry with it anymore though I am still OCD about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Happy

I run a red dot on mine. I have a sharpie line drawn across the nut to the barrel. I just make sure they are lined up and have never had an issue.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Js835

Same here, if the barrel nut isnt in the same spot as it was on sighting in then poi will be off. This has alwaus been the case with mine.

turkey harvester

I took my barrel of last year, put it back on and ended up taking the back fiber sight off to make it shoot straight. Just put a reflex on it but will still have to double check
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.