turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

COURAGE IN THE FACE OF FEAR

Started by misfire, March 14, 2019, 08:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

'But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."'  Matthew 14: 27

Courage comes out of fear. A person cannot know true bravery until knowing fear. There are healthy fears that keep us safe, but many fears actually hold us back and steal our joy. Some fears may even slow our progress in pursing God's will for our lives.

So, what can we do? We can't eliminate all of life's uncertainties, but we can change our response. We can move from living stuck in fear to stepping out in courage and faith. What's the key?  A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

In Matthew, we read the famous story of Jesus walking on water in the midst of a huge storm. Showing up a few meters from the boat in the middle of the night, Jesus understandably terrified the disciples! But at the sound of His voice, they were comforted. His voice overcame their fears.

It's often the same with us. When God shows up in the midst of our struggle, when we first encounter the supernatural power of God, our first response is often fear. It's the unexplainable crashing into our limited human perspective that causes us to be afraid. But just like the disciples, as soon as we sense God's presence and love, His comforting spirit reassures us. Slowly the fear fades and is replaced with a sense of peace and courage.

Are you going through a storm in life? Are you afraid of what's next and unsure if you're going to make it? Maybe you're letting fear keep you from taking that step of faith God is asking you to make. Maybe that step involves a career change or repairing a broken relationship. Until we learn to overcome the negative fears in life, we won't live the victorious, purpose-filled lives that God has for us.

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

eggshell

I know God delivers us from our fears more than most. When I was shot turkey hunting and lying on the ground bleeding to death in 2009, I was afraid I hadn't pleased God, I would never see my wife, I would never walk my daughter down the Isle or many other things. But God said, I am not done with you get up and fight for your life. I did and he led me out and 10 years later I still serve him. If God is for us who can be against us.

Something must be stirring your spirit this morning brother. Maybe ask members how faith works in hunting.
God bless you for your message and boldness