OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: IS YOUR LIFE SHINING FOR CHRIST OR CULTURE?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
IS YOUR LIFE SHINING FOR CHRIST OR CULTURE?
« on: March 14, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »
"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

For the residents or lucky visitors of the Southern Hemisphere (think places like Buenos Aires or Fiji), there’s a stellar delight that few Northerners know about. It’s called the Southern Cross and is a small but beautiful constellation located in the southern sky, very close to the neighboring constellation of Centaurus.

The Southern Cross is one of the most recognizable features in the skies of the Southern Hemisphere, but unfortunately, due to increasing amounts of artificial light in the big urban regions, such as Sydney, Australia, the Southern Cross is appearing fainter and less distinctive in the sky.

What a powerful parallel to the lives of many who claim to follow Jesus. As the world’s influence on ethical and moral standards increase, the truth of the Bible becomes harder to see. Where once we were light in the darkness, now some of our light has faded into obscurity, no longer seen in a world filled with darkness.

But it doesn’t have to be that way. If you call yourself a Christian, let me ask you a question: Do others see the light of Christ in your life? Or has it faded and blended into culture – becoming non-existent and invisible to others? Jesus followers were called to be light and life in a dark and dying world. So, don’t settle for blending in when God has called you to stand out!
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: IS YOUR LIFE SHINING FOR CHRIST OR CULTURE?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 08:21:21 AM »
misfire, I know there are a lot of good Christian Hunters on here. I for one give it a go to live a Christ led life in and out of the woods. I chair a ministry to incarcerated juveniles, have been trying to found a spiritual awakening in my area and try to witness when led. I do take my faith to the woods with me and use it most in how I react with other hunters, even when they don't deserve it....do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. I love the creation God has given us as stewards. A gobbler is painted the royal colors of heaven 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:45:41 AM by eggshell »

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
Re: IS YOUR LIFE SHINING FOR CHRIST OR CULTURE?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:30:59 PM »
I try as well, but fall way short of what God deserves from me. Luckily, He doesnt keep score. Minister every day at every opportunity, every little seed planted will sprout eventually, just depends on how much water that seed gets as to whether it will be a sturdy plant.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net