OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Help deciding Venom mounting position  (Read 1870 times)

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
Help deciding Venom mounting position
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:42:51 PM »
I’ve got a Vortex Venom 3moa on the way for my SX3 Longbeard edition that came with the Picatinny rail standard and need some tips on what to look for as far as how far in or out to mount the Venom on the Picatinny.  Thanks for the input and looking forward to this sight

rdjustham

Re: Help deciding Venom mounting position
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:08:13 PM »
Personal preference.  Move it around hntil you like the feel, sight picture and how it looks to you.

Offline olejake

• Go DAWGS !!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:15:00 AM »
It doesn't really matter. It's mostly personal preference like you said. For me I seem to like mine best from the middle of the picatinny rail to the back of the rail toward the stock. I have my TruGlo Tru-Brite mounted on my 870 in the middle. On a Weatherby SA-459 I just sold I had an Ultra Dot mounted all the way back on the rail toward the stock.

Offline olejake

• Go DAWGS !!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:19:07 AM »
My reply to you this morning was another poster answering my  same query..thought I would share it with you..seems that  from the middle to towards the rear  is the answer we were looking for...good luck thus season..ours come in here in a  week (GA)