turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 20ga

Started by huntinsomd, March 12, 2019, 03:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I hope to be seeing next week what my Affinity will look like. Shooting Federal 9's and RR 570

huntinsomd

That combo should work well!

Walkerhuntfish

Any of you guys experience any issue with the affinity cycling the feds properly? My dad and my buddy just picked up new affinities and neither one will pick the feds up out of the mag tube and into the chamber. Whether it be during cycling by hand or following a shot. The only way to get them to feed into the chamber from the magazine is by putting a little pressure against the carrier to make it lift the shell up to the chamber. They both was able to grab some apex and they work fine. The feds are slightly longer than the apex is the only difference we can see. That difference is felt when loading also.  The federals have to be kind of wiggled a little to get it to go into the chamber but the apex slips right in.

huntinsomd

I only ran about 20 or so shells through mine and I didn't have any issues. I have heard that the gun doesn't like longer shells though. I don't know if any of the 3" shells are slightly longer than others or not. I was told to trim a little off the hull when reloading to prevent any feeding issues.