OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Reflex sight question  (Read 2249 times)

Offline erikmcgarrh

Reflex sight question
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:44:28 AM »
Has anyone tried any of the cheaper holographic sight or mini holo etc off eBay and Amazon ,I’m wanting to try one but not really wanting to drop a lot of cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dixiemagnum80

Re: Reflex sight question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:58:32 AM »
I personally have not tried the cheaper sights but 2 years ago I did a lot of research on this same topic. What I figured out pretty quick was the majority of the cheaper sights would move on recoil and not hold zero. Now there were a few who had no issues with the cheaper sights but I didn’t want to be the majority if I missed a nice bird and needed a follow-up shot, only to miss the second shot cause the sight didn’t hold zero. Most will recommend the vortex venom, the Burris fastfire, and a few will recommend the Mueller quickshot which is roughly half the price of the other two. I ended up with a Burris fastfire and couldn’t be happier. I hope this helps.
Chuck

CrustyRusty

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 03:28:56 PM »
Bushnell tr25 is a decent option

Offline erikmcgarrh

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 04:38:04 PM »
Bushnell tr25 is a decent option
I’ve seen those they look like they’d do the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RailRoader

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »
I put a Bushnell trs 25 on a 870 and i like it as well or better than my FF3

rdjustham

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:26 AM »
I put one of the primary arms red dots on my wife's AR.  Works as it should no complaints.  Plus they usually run a deal with them and a bunch of AR mags so its a win-win.

Offline Strutr

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »
I've had a Sightmark mini reflex red dot on my TC Encore turkey gun for maybe 4-5 years and so far has stood up to the heavy loads without a hiccup.  It's a very basic sight with a 3moa dot, a two position brightness switch, and a limited lifetime warranty.  I think it originally cost ~$60.  Works for me.