turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 1100 LT20

Started by kbbgood, March 12, 2019, 12:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbbgood

I have an 1100  LT20 but it is just 2 3/4" chamber. Just keep wondering if I should try getting it fixed up to hunt with it.  My 870 turkey gun just kicks to much for me any more. But what ammo do I use?

Turkeyfever

I don't know if you can find any but when I started my son he used the Federal 2 3/4 inch heavyweight #7. They have discontinued the shell but if you go online you may find some of those leftover as most people use the 3 inch. I would definitely try those if you can find them , they shoot good!

surehuntsalot

Rogers sporting goods shows some of the 2-3/4" in stock
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

CB5503

Find someone to load you some.

Takeaim1st

Sir, I hunt with a 20 ga. 2 3/4 chamber shotgun, old school full choke  as they are called nowadays. I started out  with just #6 high brass shells of Remington or winchester flavor. With the advent of the Federal H W 7s,  I have been even more confident with that shotgun. Now there's even Apex TSS 9th for that chanbering. The benefits of carrying a light weight and, light recoiling firearm is just great for me. I would love to have that very type and brand of shotgun you referred to. I have never hunted field turkeys, I can understand where that situation would call for a longer range capable shotgun.

kbbgood

Takeaim, I don't want to brag but I also have an 870 LW20 Mag, and a Browning Citori White Lighting 20 ga.as well as the 1100 LT 20ga.. Have thought about using the Brownng but I would have to get 2 turkey chokes and I don't know how that would work. Still a good thought.

Takeaim1st

kbbgood,    Sir I suppose it could be a little confounding if one had that many nice shotguns to choose from. Good luck, have a safe and enjoyable season.

CB on the run

I don't know what's involved but my Rem 1100 20ga was converted to accept 3" mags.  I know he(gunsmith) lengthened the forcing cone but I believe he did other work also. I've put over 200 3' turkey loads and slugs without a problem.

yelpy

Maybe you can get a 3" chambered barrel for it. I'm not sure if the action length is the same on 2 3/4 and 3" guns though.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk