OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vortex Venom Help

Started by MCturkey, March 11, 2019, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCturkey

Installed a Venom with Sumtoy base on my Stoeger 3020. Sighted in starting at 10 yards, then out to 20 and so on with cheap 2 3/4" target loads. POI was good with the target loads out to 35 yards, I thought i had it. So I tried my Apex #9's. Shot 6" low. Thinking it might have been me, I tried again. Same result. My elevation is maxed out. Anyone had the TSS shells with that much difference compared to regular loads? Should I install a shim?

haystaddle

I have two Venoms and have had no problems with either one. But I've seen on here others that are in your boat. They've had luck by running the vertical adjustment all the way to the top then to bottom several times then back to the middle somewhere. It seems to work. Next step would be a call to Vortex. They are very helpful .

rdjustham

Run the adjustment all the way up and back down a couple times.  I had this exact problem with mine, and didnt realize while adjusting it that the dot was not moving.  This fixed my issue.  Called Vortex after doing it and talked to one of the techs (not the girl that answered the phone), and he told me they actually suggest doing this prior to sighting it in.