OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20ga 870 with TSS and Tightwad

Started by Living Water, March 11, 2019, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Living Water

Shot my old 20ga 870 today. 
26" barrel with primos tightwad .570
Fed TSS 3" #9's. 

238 in a 10" at 40 yards.  Think Im going to stick with just the bead this year.  I have a saddle mount and a red dot but I prefer to keep it simple.   Im very happy with this combo. 
"You have to pay for every bird you kill and the coin you use to pay for them is time." Tom Kelly

nyhunter

robertreed711

Living Water

I shot fed TSS 7 and Fed HW 7's both shoot in 100-120 with the tightwad
"You have to pay for every bird you kill and the coin you use to pay for them is time." Tom Kelly

tree-rat sniper

NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Spurs

Quote from: robertreed711 on March 11, 2019, 06:43:42 PM
I wish 9's were legal here!
A 6 is just an upside down 9 for anyone who has some acetone and a magic marker.  "These are my number 6 hand loads officer."
This year is going to suck!!!

WyoHunter

Quote from: Spurs on March 18, 2019, 10:58:09 AM
Quote from: robertreed711 on March 11, 2019, 06:43:42 PM
I wish 9's were legal here!
A 6 is just an upside down 9 for anyone who has some acetone and a magic marker.  "These are my number 6 hand loads officer."
Good one!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

tha bugman

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SOCOM304

I'd say you are gonna smash some gobblers this spring with those results. Good luck and safe hunting.

huntinsomd

TomRC

I realize people shoot TSS out of the Tightwad but does Primos rate it for TSS?

Living Water

Tightwad is rated for HEVI so I can't see TTS being an issue

LRD

We are shooting a Tightwad in my son's 870, and it throws an awesome pattern with hand loaded TSS #9s.  4 gobblers last year would agree with that as well.  :)

Heldo

Quote from: Living Water on March 11, 2019, 03:53:12 PM
Shot my old 20ga 870 today. 
26" barrel with primos tightwad .570
Fed TSS 3" #9's. 

238 in a 10" at 40 yards.  Think Im going to stick with just the bead this year.  I have a saddle mount and a red dot but I prefer to keep it simple.   Im very happy with this combo.

I just bought this combo for my 870. This looks like a good solid combo for hunting.

Thanks for the pictures.