Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi gobbling? What y'all hearing?

Started by northms, March 11, 2019, 03:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deltastrutter

Heard one gobble ~20 times on limb yesterday morning but was on private land and We were on public land.

ShootingABN!

Mossyguy

Dad went this morning to listen and didn't hear a peep. We know they are around because we have cameras out but they are tight lipped right now.

Jrkimbrough

Took my niece last Sunday morning (March 10th) and didn't hear a peep.  Weather was perfect, low wind, clear skies, upper 40's but not a peep.  This was in north central Mississippi fyi.

deerhunt1988

Nothing in north MS and know birds are around.

BB30

Gobbling is picking up in Noxubee county. Most wonderful time of the year is finally here.

dublelung

Great report from my neck of the woods this morning.   :jackson:  4 of them hammering and they're on land I can hunt. Now if I can just live till Friday and the weather cooperate.  :camohat:

OJR

Windy and nasty here this morning. Not a sound that my ears could even mistake as a gobble no matter how much i wanted to hear one. :newmascot:

Delmar ODonnell

I heard one Tuesday morning, but it was a clammy, windy, low pressure day. Weather is supposed to be nice for the next week though. Hopefully they'll act accordingly. Ready for the woods to start greening up as well. It's wide open right now.

ShootingABN!

Setting up camp in a thunderstorm this evening. I'll be off the grid. I'll give a report on Monday. Good luck.

yelpaholic

They're strutting in fields . Gobbling hasn't really got cranking yet here in central which is surprising as early as this spring seems to be dogwoods already blooming here

ShootingABN!

We heard two one on public only gobbled 5 times, one on private gobbled 20+. I heard one gobble at 938 one time on public yesterday.

wchadw

Central MS been twice. Windy both days. No gobbling. Did see birds both days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

We heard not one gobble on our 1300 acre property. Wonder where our birds went. The places they have been for the past ten years are barren.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

raven105

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 19, 2019, 04:42:17 PM
We heard not one gobble on our 1300 acre property. Wonder where our birds went. The places they have been for the past ten years are barren.
Same here in SW Alabama. I walked for miles  on our property this past weekend and didn't cut a track, much less hear a gobble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk