OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old school shotguns

Started by LaLongbeard, March 11, 2019, 03:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 04, 2021, 06:02:05 AM
Check out this old Walther I held yesterday. First auto shotgun. The action on this thing is plumb wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, what a beauty....a real treasure
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Tom007 on February 04, 2021, 07:24:01 AM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 04, 2021, 06:02:05 AM
Check out this old Walther I held yesterday. First auto shotgun. The action on this thing is plumb wild.

Wow, what a beauty....a real treasure
The charging lever on that thing pulls down and back, rotating like a clock hand from 3 to 6. And then there's a button at the base of the foregrip and you press that and the foregrip drops open and you load the shells into there. Never seen anything like it. Shoulders really easy but I'm not a fan of it for the same reason I've never liked A5s which is that the action sits too high for me to see down the barrel when my cheeks on the gun.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Matt76cmich on February 03, 2021, 10:46:45 PM
I really don't know how old this 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster LW is (fixed modified barrel), but it's older than me (I'm 39). My dad handed it down to my older brother (13 years older) and he gave it back to my dad. Then my dad handed it down to me and I've killed many turkeys at close range with it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Found out this gun was made in 1972. Thank you for the help Jester87.

Tom007

Quote from: Matt76cmich on February 05, 2021, 10:48:22 AM
Quote from: Matt76cmich on February 03, 2021, 10:46:45 PM
I really don't know how old this 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster LW is (fixed modified barrel), but it's older than me (I'm 39). My dad handed it down to my older brother (13 years older) and he gave it back to my dad. Then my dad handed it down to me and I've killed many turkeys at close range with it.

Found out this gun was made in 1972. Thank you for the help Jester87.

Beauty there
"Solo hunter"