turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old school shotguns

Started by LaLongbeard, March 11, 2019, 03:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THattaway

'76 1100 2 3/4" 12ga 30" full here this year and one tag to go.

'73 Ithaca model 280 12ga 26" last year for a limb hanger. IC and Mod barrels.

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

albrubacker

Quote from: THattaway on March 26, 2019, 03:32:52 PM
'76 1100 2 3/4" 12ga 30" full here this year and one tag to go.

Nice guns!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

backforty

H&R NWTF 12 gauge

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr

tt_johnsclist

I only hunt with old school guns... how about a Remington Model 11 built in 1919? 20 gauge 2 3/4" chamber. 

Edit: 1931... still old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

Quote from: tt_johnsclist on March 28, 2019, 07:49:19 AM

I only hunt with old school guns... how about a Remington Model 11 built in 1919? 20 gauge 2 3/4" chamber. 

1919 ...now that's what Id call old school
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

THattaway

Quote from: tt_johnsclist on March 28, 2019, 07:49:19 AM

Love it. Awesome.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Chordeiles

I'll be taking this 1934 Sterlingworth 16 ga on some of my hunts this spring. I just got it from my dad about 2 months ago and as far as I know it's never been turkey hunting.

crow

Quote from: Chordeiles on March 29, 2019, 05:20:33 PM

I'll be taking this 1934 Sterlingworth 16 ga on some of my hunts this spring. I just got it from my dad about 2 months ago and as far as I know it's never been turkey hunting.

very nice

Chordeiles

Quote from: crow on March 29, 2019, 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: Chordeiles on March 29, 2019, 05:20:33 PM

very nice
Thanks.

lasttombstone

I used to have one of those H&Rs NTFs and got tired of getting beat up.  For the last 3 years my turkey guns has either been a Stevens 311 .410 or my 61 year of Winchester 37 .410 I got for Christmas when I was 12.

THattaway

Last tag with the Rem 1100 and a bonus.

coyote1

I'm hunting with my old Remington 11-48 this year. In the process of refinishing the stock and forearm right now. Almost all the old finish was worn off. I don't own a shotgun that doesn't have a wood stock although I did paint my 500 camo.

I will post a pic of the 11-48 when it's done. 3 or 4 more coats of finish should do it.

Longshanks

Hunting with two 1970's Rem 870's
1. Barrel cut down to 21" Hastings CT-1 System
Rem870/Kicks .655

2. Barrel at 28" with Hastings CT-1 System
Rem870/Kicks .660

*Duracoat
*Polished barrels
*Shooting Winchester XX, Super-X, HV 5's and 6's.
*Inside 35yds it's brutal on the turkey.

DeltaRunner

Quote from: cjr1 on March 22, 2019, 03:36:46 PM
I try to take a bird every year with my Grand's 1950 something Winchester Model 12 16 gauge. I took my first bird when I was 5 with this gun. Also took my first deer with at 6. The old gun is 3/4's the way to a Slam. Need to get a Merriam with it.

:icon_thumright: I took a gobbler open day with a 1924 Winchester Model 12.  A friend/hunting mentor gave it to me last year before he passed away.  I'm going to try and take a Tom with it every year.  You can enter your serial number on a collector site an verify the year yours was manufactured if you are interested.

edward.penny

My single shot 20ga has a wooden stock and forearm.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk