turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which choke tube and shells?

Started by acesand8s, February 21, 2019, 04:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acesand8s

What choke tube would you start with for a 21 inch 1300?

Any advice is appreciated.

Vinci1964

That is not an easy question. I am shooting Winchester Longbeard XR shells in 3.5" #5s with 2oz of shot.  My current choke is a Carlson's Longbeard XR in 0.665.

Everyone on this forum has a different combination of choke, shells and gun. The possibilities are truly limitless.

bchilde

Spend the money and order a sumtoy. Tell him what shell you want to shoot and he will make it. I'm happy with mine and many others on here will tell you the same.

limbhanger777

If you can't afford TSS loads, Winchester long beard XRs are some of the best you can get at their price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie234

I have two, my first 1300 has a kicks  gobbling thunder .655 and shoots 3" #6 long beards. my second has an Indian creek and is shooting 3" #6 hevi shot. Both throw an awesome pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: eddie234 on March 09, 2019, 09:04:14 AM
I have two, my first 1300 has a kicks  gobbling thunder .655 and shoots 3" #6 long beards. my second has an Indian creek and is shooting 3" #6 hevi shot. Both throw an awesome pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have two as well. One 22" and one 18.5". I have IC 660 and Kicks Comp-n-Choke XXXFull chokes for them. The IC is in the short one. Shoots Longbeards and Hevi 6's well. They both sing with TSS.