OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Wing Bone Mouth Calls  (Read 1718 times)

Offline TRhoades22

Turkey Wing Bone Mouth Calls
« on: March 10, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
How many guys would use one of these calls if they were easily available? To me, using an authentic turkey bone call is 10x cooler than a plastic one. Thinking about making them for people along with customizations. Any thoughts??

Offline ferocious calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Turkey Wing Bone Mouth Calls
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:34:42 AM »
Love wingbone calls. The Toms love them too. Just tossed 30 pair of wings yesterday. Had trouble getting them to enough wingbone makers. Had 80 pair last year from Easterns.

Offline Divenut2

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »
Well, I haven't used one yet. But I definitely thing it'd be very cool to call a gobbler in with a wingbone call. I am gonna try these two that I made after bagging some birds last season. Cleaned and prepped the other bones to play with if I have some success. I need to practice my calling, but am getting a hang of the technique!

Be well all
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 12:28:41 PM »
Wingbones and trumpets can make a bad day in the turkey woods into a good one.  I carry them and use them when nothing alse works
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:48:33 PM »
One of the best calls you can carry and you have an endless supply when you think about it.  The gobbler you kill always has two.  They are easy to make if you don't care about them looking fancy.  Cut the bones to the right length, scrape off as much meat as possible and get out the marrow, boil them in dish detergent to degrease and loosen remaining muscle fibers, soak them in peroxide, dry, get the webbing out of the larger bone (if you use it) assemble with some quick setting epoxy and your in business.  After doing it a few times you'll learn the right length.  I prefer a hen bone for the mouth piece but a jake bone works well also or you can just use all three of the gobbler bones.  The gobbler bone mouthpiece just makes a slightly deeper yelp and cluck IMO.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »
Love wingbone calls. The Toms love them too. Just tossed 30 pair of wings yesterday. Had trouble getting them to enough wingbone makers. Had 80 pair last year from Easterns.

Whaaaa....say it isn't so!!!

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 01:30:35 PM »
How many guys would use one of these calls if they were easily available? To me, using an authentic turkey bone call is 10x cooler than a plastic one. Thinking about making them for people along with customizations. Any thoughts??

Welcome. Check out the Trumpet/ Wingbone section. Wingbone, Cane Yelpers and Trumpets have a pretty good following, and for good reason....turkeys like 'em!!!

Offline dahosack

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:54:57 AM »
I have tried wingbone calls made by several different people and they are cool, beautiful, and collectible, but I'll be darned if I can get a longbeard to come in to the noises I make with 'em!

Offline M Sharpe

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »

Wish I'd have know it!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Offline ferocious calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 09:12:35 AM »
50 more birds to harvest yet. Get in touch with me. 724-216-4051 Kip