OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How far forward on the picattiny to mount the FF3 ?  (Read 1957 times)

Offline olejake

• Go DAWGS !!
How far forward on the picattiny to mount the FF3 ?
« on: March 10, 2019, 09:07:01 AM »
I realize this is probably a  personal preference..just setup my FF3 on my Mossy 935 using the Mossy picatinny rail...currently it is in the slot nearest my eye..havent shot it this way yet, but thought I may save myself some time by asking if I moved it say, mid-rail...is that the better way?..gonna take it outside today and experiment..was wondering if anyone with experience can offer advice as this is my first sight other that the fiber that came on it...thanks in advance

Offline grayfox

• Longbeard
Re: How far forward on the picattiny to mount the FF3 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »
It doesn't really matter. It's mostly personal preference like you said. For me I seem to like mine best from the middle of the picatinny rail to the back of the rail toward the stock. I have my TruGlo Tru-Brite mounted on my 870 in the middle. On a Weatherby SA-459 I just sold I had an Ultra Dot mounted all the way back on the rail toward the stock.

Offline olejake

• Go DAWGS !!
Re: How far forward on the picattiny to mount the FF3 ?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 08:35:02 AM »
Thank you...have a good,safe season