OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pinhoti 2019

Started by Gobble!, March 09, 2019, 08:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jryser

The boys from The Hunting Public will be meeting up with Dave and Chubbs from Pinhoti in Alabama this week!  And Catman is another really good fella to watch!  I'm writing overtime on the tunes for THP this week before heading to FL to try an Osceola!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Good to hear, Jim. Good luck and safe travels!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

ssramage

If anybody is anxiously waiting on season opener Saturday and you're waiting on more videos to drop on Youtube, I noticed this morning that MossyOak Go has 3 new videos that haven't been uploaded to the channel yet. It looks like maybe the MO channel is getting first dibs.

Gobble!

:)
Quote from: ssramage on March 21, 2019, 08:59:32 AM
If anybody is anxiously waiting on season opener Saturday and you're waiting on more videos to drop on Youtube, I noticed this morning that MossyOak Go has 3 new videos that haven't been uploaded to the channel yet. It looks like maybe the MO channel is getting first dibs.

Great post. Heading that way now.

JMalin

I'm craving some new content from pinhoti or the hunting public guys.   Next time I'll really be able to hunt is a week from today and I've got the itch bad!  Couldn't imagine how much more I'd want to chase these birds around if I hadn't gotten a Tom opening day.

Cut N Run

This might sound wrong, but I save watching the Pinhoti Project for the off season, when I need a fix bad.  I'm already amped up for the season and I go work birds on the State Park land right down the road to get ready.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

kjnengr

I especially like the "re-works" where Dave gives the behind the scenes analysis about what he did or learned from that particular episode.

JMalin

I feel like an exponentially better hunter after watching all of last year's content from pinhoti and THP.  Great stuff!

catman529

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 21, 2019, 09:25:20 AM
This might sound wrong, but I save watching the Pinhoti Project for the off season, when I need a fix bad.  I'm already amped up for the season and I go work birds on the State Park land right down the road to get ready.

Jim
I'm the opposite, I didn't watch any of his 2018 videos until recently because they were uploaded during deer season and I had deer in my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clydetaylor1

Have watched a couple of videos.  I thank they are great. Real life turkey hunting!!!!

LaLongbeard

Couple  of Florida hunts up now.
One of the reasons I like the Penhoti project  there showing the real public land hunting. They have struggled the last couple hunts but they keep grinding it out no doubt things will turn around soon. Just goes to show that even world class calling by experienced hunters doesn't guarantee success.
They could easily just not post the hard days and just show the kills but that's one of the things that make there show different.
Can't  help but laugh at ol  Chubs comments, you won't see hunting like this on TV .
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

kjnengr

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 23, 2019, 11:06:28 AM
Couple  of Florida hunts up now.
One of the reasons I like the Penhoti project  there showing the real public land hunting. They have struggled the last couple hunts but they keep grinding it out no doubt things will turn around soon. Just goes to show that even world class calling by experienced hunters doesn't guarantee success.
They could easily just not post the hard days and just show the kills but that's one of the things that make there show different.
Can't  help but laugh at ol  Chubs comments, you won't see hunting like this on TV .

I agree.  Any experienced turkey hunter knows the "hard times" that don't work out so well.  It's easy to relate to what's going on and actually makes for good entertainment because you know what he's going through. 

It's hard to learn anything when everything goes right.  It's when they whip your butt that you learn the most.

JMalin

To the top.  Chubs just totally killed me in the latest upload.  That would be a great dude to have in turkey camp or any hunting camp for that matter!

JMalin

Got it done on the return trip boys!  Literally came strutting on a forest service road!

JMalin

Wrong thread.  Oops