turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kids camouflage clothes for hunting?

Started by Marc, April 29, 2019, 07:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Thus far, I have managed to beg, borrow steal, and buy hunting clothing for my two young girls...  (Ages 6 and 8 years old)

But I am looking to purchase some warmer jackets for duck hunting next year for both of them...  Not interested in spending tremendous amounts of money for something they will grow out of so quickly.

(We got a decent jacket at Sierr@  Trading post last time, but currently I cannot find anything).

All the little beanies that fit their little heads, have bright pink or other bright colors to appeal to children...  Which I find frustrating.

Any leads on search titles or where to look for some bargain hunting clothes that will keep the kids both hidden and comfortable????

Thank you!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

WV Ridge Reaper

Have you looked at the mossy oak store ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I see a lot of kids camo at second hand stores and would suggest that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

rivermafia

I bought my boys a couple of warm coats from mack's prairie wings a couple years ago.  I think they were only 30 or 40 bucks a piece.

mikejd

I was just doing the same thing. Looking for some camo for my boys 6 and 9. They grow out of things in weeks. I looked everywhere and Amazon was the best going. Outfitted both of them for pretty reasonable.

tha bugman

5arraquiver

For my kids and cold weather I have them wear their normal fall/winter coat etc. and put one my old Camo shirts over that. Same for pants and hats. Old Camo goes along way with kids and some modification.
Questions? Answer: Jesus

Yoder409

I know, at one time, a few years back, Scheel's had about the best selection going.  Don't know about now.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Search "sporting goods" on eBay for "kids camo"
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Marc

Thank you for the replies...

Looked at Ebay...  Some good prices, but in many cases the shipping was more than the item...

And, although I live in an agricultural area of California, I have not seen much in the way of second-hand items as camouflage clothing is just not that popular here.

I will have to look a bit further into the Mossy Oak store...  Looked on the site, but have not found any warm camo jackets that would fit the bill.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Marc on May 02, 2019, 11:57:10 AM
Thank you for the replies...

Looked at Ebay...  Some good prices, but in many cases the shipping was more than the item...

And, although I live in an agricultural area of California, I have not seen much in the way of second-hand items as camouflage clothing is just not that popular here.

I will have to look a bit further into the Mossy Oak store...  Looked on the site, but have not found any warm camo jackets that would fit the bill.

My GF always stops at this second hand place where there is camo for kids, what sizes are you looking for? Also would you want thinner but bigger stuff for like going over a snow suits or winter clothes? I normally go to the gun shop near it but it when she is in there but it got closed down so I have extra time to kill and could go in and look around. The other thought I had would be yard sales maybe?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."