OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pinhoti 2019  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Pinhoti 2019
« on: March 09, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »
For anyone running behind Dave has two videos up. A youth day hunt and his opening day hunt so far.

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Pinhoti 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 08:40:15 PM »
I love his videos. Thats how turkey hunting should be. Not 10 minutes of hunting and 20 minutes of comercials.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline NC pine chicken

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 08:52:51 PM »
His stuff is top notch, I’ve watched youth day. That was a awesome hunt. Planning to watch opening day tonight. Just got to get my kids in bed first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online ssramage

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I’ve seen the first and will watch the 2nd tonight.

Offline POk3s

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 09:38:10 PM »
I just heard about his videos earlier this week, so I’m currently stuck in March of 2018 still! Slowly plugging away. Awesome stuff!

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 10:09:33 PM »
Dave has made regular hunting shows unwatchable imo
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline ditchdigger

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 10:46:09 PM »
Dave has made regular hunting shows unwatchable imo

Amen to that. Yes, he among a few others, have taken the hunting video to a new level that leaves everything we have been used to for so many years in the dust.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 11:29:26 PM »
I love the Pinhoti Project. It looks like he has picked up Ol Tom as a sponsor. I think that’s great and I hope it enables him to do what he loves. And on the other hand in general  once you get sponsors it’s hard to be completely honest about products but Dave has never really talked much about products anyway.  I’m happy for him.  I really like the extra shots he added in like cooking and eating the ravioli around camp. And it was good to see Chubs again.

Offline Chordeiles

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »
Watched the first one the other day. I’m gonna wait until he gets a few more out, before I watch any new ones, so I can binge. Once I start watching, it’s hard to quit. :popcorn:

Online ssramage

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 11:07:50 AM »
Watched the first one the other day. I’m gonna wait until he gets a few more out, before I watch any new ones, so I can binge. Once I start watching, it’s hard to quit. :popcorn:

I just watch them over and over again lol

Offline BD

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
His videos are the best Turkey Hunting videos available

Offline TTG

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 02:03:18 PM »
I love the Pinhoti Project. It looks like he has picked up Ol Tom as a sponsor. I think that’s great and I hope it enables him to do what he loves. And on the other hand in general  once you get sponsors it’s hard to be completely honest about products but Dave has never really talked much about products anyway.  I’m happy for him.  I really like the extra shots he added in like cooking and eating the ravioli around camp. And it was good to see Chubs again.

I didn't know he was sponsored. Figured it was just the accumulation of clothes as a serious turkey hunter after years and years.

Either way, his videos are hard to stop watching! I've watched them all and like someone said earlier, it sure is hard to watch any other turkey video now. Pinhoti is exactly what this sport needed, media-wise. Literally just about every video you watch now is the same exact thing with guys using fans to "reap" turkeys or a jake and hen decoy. Just the other day I saw a kid in a sportsmans warehouse buying a double bull blind and 3 avian x decoys. A jake and 2 hens. I'd bet good money it's because of what's in all the social media anymore. Sigh...

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
I better clarify, I don’t know if he’s officially sponsored or not. One of his new videos had an Ol Tom thing on the screen. I was just assuming. Dave also mentioned something about being able to hunt more this season so I’m guessing he’s gotten some kind of financial help which is great. That equals more videos for us to watch!

Offline buzzardroost

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 02:53:12 PM »
I saw Mossy Oak and Ol Tom show up on screen. Also noticed he switched to an Ol Tom vest. Gotta be sponsors.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 03:06:28 PM »
Yeah he did mention he was trying a new vest this year. I guess that makes sense.