turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870. 410

Started by Clydetaylor1, March 09, 2019, 02:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clydetaylor1

Any body tried tss in a 870. 410 with factory full choke?

fallhnt

Ya,but I don't shoot past 25 yrds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Deast1988

Haven't patterned mine yet but got it choked. It's a fun gun to set up.

Clydetaylor1

I am going to get some tss and try it. Got a 20 guage not sure I want to mess with a 410.

nmsshooter

I shot some fed 11/16oz through mine the other day and didn't count pellets but seems to me that I would be comfortable at 40 yards max to kill turkey

LaLongbeard

That's a pretty sparse pattern. If there was a turkey head in the center I doubt 2 pellets would be in the spine or brain
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Greg Massey

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 12, 2019, 05:44:49 PM
That's a pretty sparse pattern. If there was a turkey head in the center I doubt 2 pellets would be in the spine or brain
X2

scottygun1

I ran some federal tss 9's through my 870 today and i would say 30 yards max. Would like to try some apex 9.5.

dirtnap

Yes.  I hunted with one last year at the end of the season.  Killed 5 birds with it from 15 to 40 yards.  It made a believer out of me.

southpaw

I have fired a few handloads out of mine and it is in the low 140's at 40. tss #9. I had to put sights on the barrel as it did not hit to poa with tss.

outdoorsmen

The 870 is a fixed mod choke last I checked. I wouldn't expect to much out of it.
Mossberg is a fixed full.
BPS had tubes, so does tri star

mrlongbeard

Quote from: outdoorsmen on May 13, 2019, 01:45:00 PM
The 870 is a fixed mod choke last I checked. I wouldn't expect to much out of it.
Mossberg is a fixed full.
BPS had tubes, so does tri star
Remington 870 Express comes in fixed full also
My buyabd I doubled yesterday from the same tree with my 870 .410
35 & 20 yards. I'm getting 160 in the 10" @ 40 yards with Tss wouldn't hesitate to stretch to 50

outdoorsmen

Interesting. I do see now it it fixed full instead of mod. Glad to see th sd t, it makes more sense that way. I had 3 870 .410 and none of them had a smooth action. They all shaved plastic off the shells as I tried to cycle the action and it BC would get jammed up. I returned them and got a mossberg 500 and bps to fill my pump nitch.