OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

emu

Started by Ringbill, February 28, 2015, 08:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringbill

Some years ago, we were scouting the afternoon. Hunting ends at 1 pm here in Florida. You follow that with lunch and maybe a siesta. This afternoon was hot and we had downed some cold domestic brew prior to our scouting foray. Rounding a curving firelane, we suddenly came to a halt in the sand as an enormous bird walked across the path. My mind said the biggest turkey ever seen or? We laughed all the way back to the check station and related our experience to the warden. He looked us up and down and grimaced. Yes, we had a few beers, but honest this thing was huge! A quick phone call confirmed some escape emus from an adjoining farm. We breathed a sigh of relief.

Marc

That is a pretty good one...  This year, apparently a flamingo escaped from some private zoo, and visited a few duck clubs...  That would make me wonder if my coffee was spiked.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Duckdogdad

Somewhere I have a picture of an emu taken by my son while sitting his truck eating lunch. He had shot a longbeard earlier that morning which came in with a harem which included a peacock. He still says it was his most unusual hunt. Who can argue.