turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mouth Call of choice

Started by MCturkey, March 29, 2019, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCturkey

If you had to pick only one, whats your mouth call of choice? Something easy to run with light air pressure/ beginner style.

Currently using the Halloran She Devil.

Bowguy

Hooks run real easy. As a kid I ran very hard to run calls. I figured if I could master them the rest would be easy. Hooks are crazy easy

turkeymanjim

Zink's  Z-combo is a 2 reed combo cut  light latex call. Very easy to use from soft tree calls to load cutts and yelps when u need to get aggressive on it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Easy to run and learn on, houndstooth Tomb bomb
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EZ

GobbleNut

For the novice or occasional mouth call user, a two-reed call constructed of thinner latex materials is probably the easiest call to use.  The cuts in the sound reed vary from user to user and call to call. 

My initial suggestion would be a V-cut (two angular cuts in the center of the call that form a "V") to start with.  The great thing about the V-cut calls is that they can be modified into several of the other call configurations with scissors if the call does not work well for you like it is. 

The call-maker is probably irrelevant,...order from who you like....as long as you are able to confirm the reed combinations used in the calls they build.    :icon_thumright:

BTH

Hooks executioners any of the Cane Creek calls.
Phil 4:13

bbcoach

I'm a Hooks guy as well.  Executioner for me too. 

RaspyD

Quote from: EZ on March 29, 2019, 09:11:31 AM
Perfection Raspy D.
I like that one! My current favorite is the batman cut from Jim Clay of Perfection Turkey Calls.
Perfection Turkey Calls

Clydetaylor1

Turkz39

Sadler McGraw and Thad Bright makes great mouth calls.

mspaci

SteelerFan

Hooks / Shane Simpson

Personal favorite - Shane's prodigy series, center cut. (But, that's like saying size 10.5 sneakers are the best - find the right "fit" and it's a lot easier).

Boykin Hollow

Hooks heart throb for me !!!!

goblr77

Quote from: Turkz39 on March 29, 2019, 05:36:34 PM
Sadler McGraw and Thad Bright makes great mouth calls.

Agree on Sadler's calls. That's the only mouth call I'll buy anymore. I love the ghost cut- judge & jury and the new blue combo cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro