OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New member North MS  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Gobblerslobber

New member North MS
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
I’ve used this forum for a while now and figured before this season kicks off I should join. I grew up with a Dad that loves crappie fishing and nearly every free weekend was spent in pursuit of this very fine eating fish. That’s how most of my springs went and I didn’t really get into turkey hunting until a few years ago. Crazy thing is I had access back then to some of the best turkey hunting anyone could ask for in south MS. I did make a few half hearted attempts during my teenage years, but I was impatient and spooked birds coming in silent as they often do. I also got way to close to a roosted bird that nearly landed in my lap when he pitched down.                                                                                                                                        The opportunity to pull the trigger never came and I gave up the chase of these illusive critters. In 2016 a coworker invited me to hunt on his place. I ended up killing my first eastern longboard at 37 years old, and since that very moment I’ve been hooked to say the least. This was in 2016 and the next year I came within 20yds of killing a WMA Osceola that would have completed my same year slam. Happy to be a part of this community and hope to share my experiences in the turkey woods. Good Luck Y’all!!!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: New member North MS
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 03:57:11 PM »
Welcome, nice to have your here. Great bunch of men and woman here.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Gobblerslobber

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 09:17:46 PM »
Thank you Sir! And I already know this a great place to talk turkey! Heading to South Texas for the first time next Thursday and I’m pumped.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 11:37:05 PM »
You're welcome. I have never done a out of state hunt but will be going to Oklahoma in either 2020 or 2021 to chase Rio's and will be staying with family there. Really looking forward to both parts of the trip. Hoping to get my nephews out with me as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »
Welcome

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 01:50:42 PM »
 :welcomeOG:
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 05:43:18 PM »
 :welcomeOG: :wagon: