OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Keeping calls in koozies  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Daggerz

Re: Keeping calls in koozies
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 12:42:32 PM »
I've found that it's hard to fit a beer in my coozie with a pot in it

Haha.  I also carry pots in koozies, in my vest.  It definitely works, but I have noticed a few times, that depending on the koozie material, it can slick up a pot surface. 

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 05:47:18 PM »
I do!  Everytime we take a kid to urgent care...they have free ones in the lobby.  I pick one or two up...they are perfect protection

Offline singlestrand

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 11:18:41 PM »
So what are the problems with using them?  I had been thinking about getting some. I wouldn’t think they would slick a call up any more than sliding around in a vest pocket.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »
So what are the problems with using them?  I had been thinking about getting some. I wouldn’t think they would slick a call up any more than sliding around in a vest pocket.
That has not been my observation.  I put it in the sleeve and it separates to have a space at the top.  I have found them to be ideal for storage! :you_rock:

Offline Brizendine1234

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »
I use the same thing

Offline model94

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 08:43:51 PM »
I use the Enticer surface protectors while I carry them in my vest. Off season I leave the surface protectors on and in two large Tupperware Containers. I have wondered if I am damaging them from a lack of air. I have  not had any problems though.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
Some of mine are stored in koozies also in a safe with a humidifier rod. I havent had any trouble and have done it that way for several years.

Normally keep mine on a shelf next to my turkey display. I like the idea of keeping them in a safe to control humidity.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline greencop01

• Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 01:06:25 PM »
Keep mine in an antique wooden tool chest with a wooden lid. High end pot calls in tupperware, some stacked one on the other resting on rims of lower pot, never had an issue. Like the koozie idea will try that.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Offline time4turks

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 01:26:14 PM »
I bought a Night & Hale turkey burger. I spent $20 but they are on sale lots of places for less than that. I figured if I was going to spend $140 on 2 pot calls I wasn't going to stick them in a koozie. The turkey burger provides much better protection. To each his own.

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 01:59:33 PM »
I have all mine in koozies,,I make sure they are bright colored ones that way if you drop one in the field they are easier to find.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 11:52:25 PM »
I keep all of mine wrapped in paper towels and in tupperware containers .... never had a problem ...