OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Enticer wet wonder

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 07, 2019, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I decided to add a few wet weather pots to my rainy day arsenal and ordered a enticer wet wonder. You guys that have one , what do you think of it. I have a dawkins aluminum and glass in plastic pots that carries the workload now. I use trumpets and mouthcalls on those days but wanted another nice sounding pot.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

rdjustham

Ive got an aluminum Enticer, i think its the silver thunder.  I prefer to use a yingling carbon rod striker than the one Al sent with it.

Bowguy

Can't help ya, I've got a Silver Thunder Extreme too.

Turkeytider

I`ve got a Silver Thunder as well but I think all of Al`s "wet capable " pots are probably fine. I`ve watched his videos of a bunch of them playing wet and they sound fine. I tell you, I`ve got some carbon wet strikers but I think the striker that best plays my Enticer aluminum is a cheap ($3) Quaker Boy acrylic.

outdoors

The humidity here is Sooo bad in the first couple of hours even glass is affected  so i received a couple of his  corian pots  what I really like is the purring on the backside of the sounds very realistic to me
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

How do you like the yelps you get out of it?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Happy

I have one. It sounds pretty good. Put it this way. I will hunt it even on bluebird days. No to be honest I wasn't wild about the striker. It will work but I had others that I liked better.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Happy on March 07, 2019, 07:49:28 PM
I have one. It sounds pretty good. Put it this way. I will hunt it even on bluebird days. No to be honest I wasn't wild about the striker. It will work but I had others that I liked better.

Thanks happy. I only have a couple hundred strikers. Bound to find one thats decent on it lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Happy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 07, 2019, 08:02:51 PM
Quote from: Happy on March 07, 2019, 07:49:28 PM

Thanks happy. I only have a couple hundred strikers. Bound to find one thats decent on it lol.
You will be fine then. Al is a good guy and like I said his call will work just fine. It may just be the way I play it as far as the striker goes. By no means was it bad I just found others I liked better. A Lon trice dymondwood was what I really liked but I like that striker on about everything.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

outdoors

Funny n
More times than not , a striker I already have sounds better than the one that you
Get with the call
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

model94

I have the Wet One classic and I liked it and I believe they're similar calls. Mine has a young hen sound to my ear.  I have the silver thunder extreme,  but I prefer the wet one classic.

Gen.27:3

I have a wet one classic as well, and I like it and I have killed birds with it. Al builds a good call in my opinion.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Turkeytider

I`d be curious to know what strikers have worked well with Al`s aluminums that those of us who have them have experienced.

jrinny

I have a silver thunder extreme and use a Halloran one piece bloodwood striker, two piece dymondwood and a carbon rod striker for the damp times

owego

For the Wet Wonder I pack a lighthouse laminated striker & a Wet-One aluminum tip striker. These are the same strikers I use hunting . Keep the call cond. & hold the striker slight angle on the glass. It will play until the cows come in. On the Silver Thunder I pack a lighthouse laminated striker. If you want it to play wet you need the carbon tip. The only other striker I carry is a Corn cob striker, gives all calls a Raspy 100% turkey sound. All calls I have sent out in 2019 has a gray stone in the pack. Rub that on aluminum or glass & they will give a deep raspy sound every time.  Watch this link to see how to keep your calls working at all times.  http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/accessories/pro-pack-conditioner-kit/    You hunters going to that get together in Candor NY, most of you will be going by my shop. Bring your Enticer Calls & stop by. I will show you everything you need to know about the call & put new points on your strikers. Call me 1st as I might be in the woods or on the water. 570-3953279