OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Dymalux vs Diamondwood  (Read 1052 times)

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
Dymalux vs Diamondwood
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:10:14 PM »

Ok, finally broke down and ordered some Dymalux to try and see how it sounds and how it compares to diamondwood. Well, I'm pretty pleased.  Even my wife listened, with her back turned, so as to be unbiased.  Now, I play alot of calls in the house, so she gets to hear and, has developed an ear for what sounds good, and what does not.  And she liked the Dymalux also. Of the three, the top one, a 2pc diamondwood with oak top, and the middle one, 2pc Dymalux, with walnut top, we're  vertually identical, with The Dymalux being a hair higher pitched, due to the lighter walnut top, the 1 pc diamondwood was a tad lower pitch, But had this intense piercing hit. 
My final thoughts, it will make a good replacement for Diamondwood, and I wouldn't hesitate to put one in my vest.

Offline mmclain

Re: Dymalux vs Diamondwood
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 01:20:55 AM »
Not as good. The higher content of resin content has a tendency to collect on the glass calling surface resulting in slips more than Rutland .  I ordered a sheet of the stuff. Used it mostly for striker tops.   Not Rutland. But it does ok. 

Offline mastevt

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Find me on face book, Scott's Custom Turkey Calls
Re: Dymalux vs Diamondwood
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:29 AM »
Not as good. The higher content of resin content has a tendency to collect on the glass calling surface resulting in slips more than Rutland .  I ordered a sheet of the stuff. Used it mostly for striker tops.   Not Rutland. But it does ok.

I ran it on a crystal pot and didn't experience that.  Maybe didn't run it long enough.  I also prefer
The surface conditioned with a stone, so maybe there's a difference there.  I did notice that running
My finger nail over the tip, the Dymalux is coarser than the Diamondwood, so I can see the potential
For loading is there.