OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Enticer wet wonder  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
Enticer wet wonder
« on: March 07, 2019, 11:27:58 AM »
I decided to add a few wet weather pots to my rainy day arsenal and ordered a enticer wet wonder. You guys that have one , what do you think of it. I have a dawkins aluminum and glass in plastic pots that carries the workload now. I use trumpets and mouthcalls on those days but wanted another nice sounding pot.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

rdjustham

Re: Enticer wet wonder
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »
Ive got an aluminum Enticer, i think its the silver thunder.  I prefer to use a yingling carbon rod striker than the one Al sent with it.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 03:24:30 PM »
Can’t help ya, I’ve got a Silver Thunder Extreme too.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 03:30:39 PM »
I`ve got a Silver Thunder as well but I think all of Al`s "wet capable " pots are probably fine. I`ve watched his videos of a bunch of them playing wet and they sound fine. I tell you, I`ve got some carbon wet strikers but I think the striker that best plays my Enticer aluminum is a cheap ($3) Quaker Boy acrylic.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 03:44:38 PM »
The humidity here is Sooo bad in the first couple of hours even glass is affected  so i received a couple of his  corian pots  what I really like is the purring on the backside of the sounds very realistic to me
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 04:48:15 PM »
How do you like the yelps you get out of it?
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 07:49:28 PM »
I have one. It sounds pretty good. Put it this way. I will hunt it even on bluebird days. No to be honest I wasn't wild about the striker. It will work but I had others that I liked better.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »
I have one. It sounds pretty good. Put it this way. I will hunt it even on bluebird days. No to be honest I wasn't wild about the striker. It will work but I had others that I liked better.

Thanks happy. I only have a couple hundred strikers. Bound to find one thats decent on it lol.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 08:48:50 PM »

Thanks happy. I only have a couple hundred strikers. Bound to find one thats decent on it lol.
You will be fine then. Al is a good guy and like I said his call will work just fine. It may just be the way I play it as far as the striker goes. By no means was it bad I just found others I liked better. A Lon trice dymondwood was what I really liked but I like that striker on about everything.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 08:56:06 PM »
Funny n
More times than not , a striker I already have sounds better than the one that you
Get with the call
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline model94

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 09:40:50 PM »
I have the Wet One classic and I liked it and I believe they're similar calls. Mine has a young hen sound to my ear.  I have the silver thunder extreme,  but I prefer the wet one classic.

Offline Gen.27:3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 10:59:06 PM »
I have a wet one classic as well, and I like it and I have killed birds with it. Al builds a good call in my opinion.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 10:19:14 AM »
I`d be curious to know what strikers have worked well with Al`s aluminums that those of us who have them have experienced.

Offline jrinny

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 09:58:17 PM »
I have a silver thunder extreme and use a Halloran one piece bloodwood striker, two piece dymondwood and a carbon rod striker for the damp times

Offline owego

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 06:19:23 AM »
For the Wet Wonder I pack a lighthouse laminated striker & a Wet-One aluminum tip striker. These are the same strikers I use hunting . Keep the call cond. & hold the striker slight angle on the glass. It will play until the cows come in. On the Silver Thunder I pack a lighthouse laminated striker. If you want it to play wet you need the carbon tip. The only other striker I carry is a Corn cob striker, gives all calls a Raspy 100% turkey sound. All calls I have sent out in 2019 has a gray stone in the pack. Rub that on aluminum or glass & they will give a deep raspy sound every time.  Watch this link to see how to keep your calls working at all times.  http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/accessories/pro-pack-conditioner-kit/    You hunters going to that get together in Candor NY, most of you will be going by my shop. Bring your Enticer Calls & stop by. I will show you everything you need to know about the call & put new points on your strikers. Call me 1st as I might be in the woods or on the water. 570-3953279