OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trying to get higher pitch on the front end  (Read 2180 times)

Offline ozarktroutbum

Trying to get higher pitch on the front end
« on: March 07, 2019, 12:08:51 AM »
I have been trying my hand at long boxes. I’m looking to get a little more kee kee in the high end. Would decreasing the “flatness” of the curvature in the rails achieve this, generally speaking? I have about a 1/4” difference between the middle and end of the curve. Curve in rail is about 9.5” in length.

Offline blackfalcon

• Longbeard
Re: Trying to get higher pitch on the front end
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 06:10:16 AM »
To answer the question you posed I would say no. Flattening the radius would get your paddle to ride further back where you would get more vibration. Increasing the radius slightly towards the screw end would keep your paddle riding on the thickest section of the rail a bit longer giving you that higher pitch where you want it for a kee-kee..Once you get what you are looking for be sure to make a template to check both sides of the call to make sure they match up. If your call plays well on one side and you can't get the other side to tune, it may be one side doesn't match which is essential for the paddle to track properly