OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: USE TICK SPRAY GUYS ...ALPHA GAL AND LIME DISEASE ARE NO JOKE  (Read 5607 times)

Online Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
https://www.carolinasportsman.com/hunting/lone-star-tick-bite-infects-rock-hill-man-with-alpha-gal-disease/
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: USE TICK SPRAY GUYS ...ALPHA GAL AND LIME DISEASE ARE NO JOKE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 10:10:05 PM »
Not to mention the Lone Star Tick, that one makes it so you become allergic to meat.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline quavers59

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 08:28:52 AM »
I got hit with Lyme Disease several years ago in Early June while doing yardwork. No Bullseye. Got the Deer Tick off too late though. On my lower back.  My Eyes would not Focus and kept Twitching. The most Horrible Headache in the very rear of my Brain that lasted a few days. I was unable to walk straight. I was in the Hospital for almost 1 week. Antibiotics were in time TG. I live 52 miles away from NYC and between Long Island and LYME,CN is Plum Island with it's Military Research Lab. Most people think this is where those Deer Ticks escaped from. Anyway--- protect yourselves and use Permitting or anything with at least 25 percent DEET.

Offline GobbleGitr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 11:48:49 AM »
Such an important topic for turkey hunter's to be aware of.  A farm I hunt in SE Iowa now has Lone Star ticks, and the landowner got bit a year ago and had the 'alpha gal' reaction-still can't eat mammal meat.  I soak all my clothes in permethrin and still use DEET and carry a Thermacell...want any advantage I can against the bug kingdom.

Offline DMTJAGER

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 01:28:02 AM »
No joke is absolutely correct. Last year I was with a group of hunters for a public land stand-by draw hunt and out of the 9 hunters myself included five had contracted limes disease in the last year.
What truly sucks is there actually is an effective vaccine for Limes disease but it went out of production due to lack of use. 

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »
No joke is absolutely correct. Last year I was with a group of hunters for a public land stand-by draw hunt and out of the 9 hunters myself included five had contracted limes disease in the last year.
What truly sucks is there actually is an effective vaccine for Limes disease but it went out of production due to lack of use.
I used to get that back around 2001 or earlier.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline justin.arps

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 04:54:29 PM »
I had A tick bed on my ear drum two years ago, had to have ear surgery to remove it. I had my ear drum ruptured and caught infection for over two months. The tick bite kept getting re infected even on steroids and antibiotics not A fun experience. I treat my hats and sides of my face mask now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ssettle

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »
Get permetherin at your local Tractor supply store ask someone to show you where it's at. This stuff is the real deal I've been using it for years. Lasts through 6 earnings spray on clothes only. Look for it on this site