OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

USE TICK SPRAY GUYS ...

Started by Old Gobbler, March 06, 2019, 09:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badwolf

Gamehide has a line of camo clothes called elimatick.  Ive been wearing them dor the last 5 yrs, never see a tick when i have them on. They are treated  and the treatment lasts 70 washings

WVhuntEER

I was going to post about Elimatick clothing.   It really does work.  I have had zero ticks with it on.   When I forgot to wear it last year I found one.   Proof enough for me. 

Sir-diealot

So much cheaper to just do it yourself though and lasts almost as long.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

badwolf

Does do it yourself last 5 yrs?  Ive had elimatick that long and showing no sign of losing effectiveness. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: badwolf on January 11, 2020, 09:21:21 AM
Does do it yourself last 5 yrs?  Ive had elimatick that long and showing no sign of losing effectiveness.

Depends on how much you wash it as I understand things.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

rakkin6

Never used elimatick before, typically I just spray my two leafy suits that I wear with Sawyer's permitherine once at the begining of the year and once about six weeks in. I use deep woods off on head, boots, hands and any base layer. I can't remember exactly but I think the Sawyer's will last like 15 washes or so. I might give the elimatick a try though.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Sorry just checked my bottle it is 6 weeks or 6 washings.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Gooserbat

Use tick spray.  I've had  lymes disease and that was over 30 years ago.  I still live with side effects.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bowguy

Guys Sawyer is insane. Go to tractor supply. Go into livestock area and they sell a permertherin  concentrate you mix w water for 10-20 bucks depending on size. It comes w a mix gauge. Recipes for dif things. I use it weekly on dif things and had the same bottle over 2 years. Never found ticks when using it. One ounce equals 1 gallon.
Giant savings.
I've had lymes twice they think, apparently test doesn't read right 2nd time, and babesi.
The treatment for Lyme stinks

Bagg-it Tag-it

As we get closer to turkey season and there seems to still be high interest for mixing one's own tick solution from concentrate. In my personal experience, I've bought the brands at Co-op and Tractor Supply. All of those brands seem to have a pretty strong smell. The brand I've been buying at Amazon is Martin's 10%  permethrin concentrate and it works great and doesn't have as strong of a chemical smell.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HFultzjr

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on February 23, 2020, 11:27:36 AM
As we get closer to turkey season and there seems to still be high interest for mixing one's own tick solution from concentrate. In my personal experience, I've bought the brands at Co-op and Tractor Supply. All of those brands seem to have a pretty strong smell. The brand I've been buying at Amazon is Martin's 10%  permethrin concentrate and it works great and doesn't have as strong of a chemical smell.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is the one I buy also. No smell whatsoever after dried.
Tip......keep out of sunlight while drying. Ok after they have dried.
:OGturkeyhead:

Turkeyman

I didn't know that about sunlight breaking it down. Pre turkey season I hang all my stuff on the clothesline and pretty much soak it down with my garden sprayer...without regard to sun. In the future I'll hang it in the shed.

SCGobbler

I am by no means a Chemist but it is my understanding that leaving it for extended period of time in Ultraviolet light will break down the effectiveness of the chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Sir-diealot

That's a drag, only option I have is to do it on a clothes line during the day.

John Koenig:

HFultzjr

https://sectionhiker.com/permethrin-soak-method-guide/

Here is the link I 1st found out about the sunlight.
After more review, I've come to the conclusion, most of the "breakdown" occurs while drying.
After drying, the "breakdown" in minimal............