OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How many different people will you hunt with this year?  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
How many different people will you hunt with this year?
« on: March 06, 2019, 11:03:17 AM »
Just wondering how many lone rangers we may have on the Widows. I'll hunt with probably 7 different people this spring.

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
Re: How many different people will you hunt with this year?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 06:27:17 PM »
I hunt alone, it just works better for me.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Smooth_Operator

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:13:30 PM »
If I’m toting a gun, most of the time I will be alone. There will be a few friends and family members I’ll take out with me but during those times I’m just trying to get them a bird...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 06:30:54 AM »
Don't really know. More than likely it will be between 3 and 6 other people. I often times don't carry a gun when calling for others.  and many times if I am hunting with someone that knows what they are doing I will give them dibs on the first bird that gobbles and they can go after it while I try to find my own. If I am behind the gun I prefere to be solo. Can't say as I have ever killed a bird that was called in by someone else. Not against it but 99.9% of the time if I am hunting with someone then they are the trigger man.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 05:05:52 PM »
normally I hunt alone, but I will probably hunt with 2-3 adults this year, plus my kids.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:14:07 PM »
I usually hunt alone.  One other buddy at most.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Candyman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 09:17:24 PM »
I usually hunt alone. I will hunt a few times with a friend if schedules allow. Silvestris posted one time that there  is a reason an orchestra has One conductor. Lot of truth in that statement.

Offline 18javelin

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »
Typically 12-14 but no guiding this year, it's family and friends in 2019. Been 7 years since I had the season to myself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline brettdunn7

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 04:08:16 PM »
Going to hunt mainly with family and friends. Hoping to take my oldest daughter out and get our first bird together. She wants a turkey fan for her room, lol. Proud daddy when she told me. Told her ok you have to go out with me to get it. Got some buddies gonna hopefully help with the endeavor.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 04:15:08 PM »
Going to hunt mainly with family and friends. Hoping to take my oldest daughter out and get our first bird together. She wants a turkey fan for her room, lol. Proud daddy when she told me. Told her ok you have to go out with me to get it. Got some buddies gonna hopefully help with the endeavor.

Awesome stuff. My 5 year old killed his first, a jake, last year. Wanted the fan mount in this room as well. Hoping to get him a long bread this year. May have to do a full body mount if it happens, we will see. This is the mount he picked out.

Offline brettdunn7

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 04:18:48 PM »

Awesome stuff. My 5 year old killed his first, a jake, last year. Wanted the fan mount in this room as well. Hoping to get him a long bread this year. May have to do a full body mount if it happens, we will see. This is the mount he picked out.

That’s a sweet mount. We don’t have a gun for her to use yet and she hasn’t shot enough anyways however this is my first year I will be doing any turkey hunting on my own. Never killed a bird myself so hoping to share it with her. Trying to get her more into hunting. Was a huge part of my upbringing and most of the time spent with my dad. Want to share that with her (both actually, my other daughter is 3) if they will get into it.