OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: "A" Team Contest  (Read 5276 times)

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
"A" Team Contest
« on: March 06, 2019, 08:51:05 AM »
I am making my own pot calls and getting some good combos now. I am offering a pot and striker to the team member with the highest score for 2 turkeys harvested within the same state. I don't care which state it is, but just one. No need to choose a state ahead if you hunt more than one. Friendly incentive for our team.  :turkey2: my season ends June 1st so that will be the last day to upload pics with a scorecard filled out, same as Old Gobbler. The winner will get a choice of what I have on hand at the time. I am pleasantly surprised at how well they are selling so far. My hobby/passion is actually paying for my turkey hunting habit finally  :funnyturkey:. Good luck to all. Al Baker

Offline SwampChickenSC

Re: "A" Team Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:37 AM »
Awesome Al, thanks for the friendly incentive!
"some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
"A" Team Contest
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 09:29:04 AM »
Thanks! I was wondering if we had any call makers on our team. Do you have a Facebook or website where we can look at your calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fmf

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:54:20 AM »
That's awesome, thanks zelmo1 !

Offline Arlo

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:00:28 AM »
Hi guys. I got added to the team last night.
"I'd rather Turkey Hunt than breathe, I just can't figure out how to get away with it!"

Offline notsure

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »
Thanks Zelmo.  And welcome aboard Arlo!

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 12:40:49 PM »
Hey Arlo. Where you from?

Offline BennieGobbler

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 01:03:57 PM »
Great incentive!! Thank you very much!!
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 01:26:58 PM »
I will try to post a pic here later, I am not a tech geek, lol. Old welder. I am not advertising just word of mouth. My slate over glass/aluminum/wood in a padauk has been popular. They are sounding sweet and almost any strikers work well. I put more effort into sound than prettiness. These are no frills turkey killers. My goal is to get 1000 turkeys with someone using my calls. I got my first last year with a prototype lacewood slate and the first gun I ever owned, a 1981 SKB 7300 20 ga pump that I had Briley thread and install a TF choke tube. My wife and daughter also killed their first turkeys ever with that gun. I have hunted Maine, NH, Mass and Missouri in the last 17 years. I do ok, 43 birds so far. yep, I shot a few jakes in my day also, lol. Never saw a wild turkey up here till 2000, started hunting in 2001 and have been hooked ever since. I hope everyone has a great season, Al

Offline Arlo

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 01:46:27 PM »
I live in Etowah County near Gadsden but hunt over near Georgia in Cherokee County near Weiss Lake.  How about you?  If you are one of those Skyline hunters I hope you kill one because its going to be a big one and hard earned. lol
"I'd rather Turkey Hunt than breathe, I just can't figure out how to get away with it!"

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
"A" Team Contest
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 02:39:50 PM »
I’m hunting mostly the NW corner. Last year was my first year of really hunting the WMA’s. I was blessed to kill two birds and I was shocked when I got up to them. They were a lot bigger than the birds I have killed in the past. I guess they get smart and get big.

I feel bad for you, you’ve probably got the Pinhoti team hunting your WMA’s haha. They got on some good action in Alabama. I’m guessing the national forest he kept referencing is Talledega.  I have a friend that told me there is a bunch of birds there.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 08:55:05 PM »
Here is a slate over aluminum in a padauk pot and a blasted copper over glass in a wenge pot

Offline Arlo

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »
What does that Copper one go for?  $$

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 07:04:37 PM »
I think the. Prize will be one of my slate over glass or walnut in a padauk pot. This combo is selling well at the local craft fairs and shooting clubs. Look at the abov pics, that’s one there.  Play a few notes in a crowded hall and you get all theturkey hunters at your table, lol. My wife sold double the last show, I think she owes me  :funnyturkey:

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 09:40:17 AM »
Those look nice.  We have a local craft fair thing on the first Friday every month. Never seen any turkey calls for sale though.