OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Beretta/Benelli Mobile Choke?  (Read 1371 times)

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
Beretta/Benelli Mobile Choke?
« on: March 05, 2019, 06:25:59 AM »
 :morning:
Question, my friends: What size Beretta/Benelli Mobile choke tube using
Win Long Beards? 4, 5 or 6?  Thx!  :camohat:
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline Double B

• Longbeard
Re: Beretta/Benelli Mobile Choke?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:37:01 AM »
I have been using an old unported Hastings 665 and it has been very good with about anything, including LB xrs in 5 or 6s.  I just picked up a 660 comp n choke from Clark and I will be patterning soon as the weather breaks and stick with 6s likely. 
Followed by buzzards

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »
I have a Carlson .665 that likes Win 3” 4 shot LB or XX and a Trulock .660  that like the LB 5's
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline cuppednlocked

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
Sumtoy .655 (I think) with 3” LB #6.

Offline gobblers roost

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 12:28:59 PM »
Patternmaster Turkey nuff said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline scdxt

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 09:43:03 AM »
Go to the benelli patern page on here. You will see a thread m1 24" with bunch of chokes. Its mine. I have shot about every load/ choke combo made for the mobil choke systems in a bunch of barrel lengths. If I can be any help just let me know.

Offline Ozark

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 03:08:04 PM »
Trulock .670
I like a little more open choke than some, I hunt big woods.

Offline Bigeclipse

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 04:30:40 PM »
I do not like the long beard 4s....just not enough BBs for my taste. I personally use 6s. I tried 5s and 6s and the 6s pattern the best with many different chokes I tried out to 50 yards. I do not advocate a 50 yard shot but I had an incident once where I thought a bird was at 40 yards (my max distance) in a field and he was at 46 yards. He was hit but wounded...but fortunately I was able to run up and give him a second shot. Now I pattern my guns to 50 yards and also at 15 yards (don't want a crazy tight pattern either) and whatever gives me the best patterns in both those cases is what I go with. A tighter choke does not always yield a better pattern at distance. If I were you...id buy 2 or 3 different sized "turkey" spec chokes and go give them a try for your distances you plan to hunt. Also, you never know when you might want to change ammo and having multiple chokes is always a good thing because different ammo will pattern better in different chokes.