OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Box call holder  (Read 4241 times)

Offline MS Boy

Re: Box call holder
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 09:52:45 PM »
Thanks Greg for the info I ordered a Yoder mins before you posted. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 08:55:21 AM »
X2 on Glenda Green's box holsters, have a couple, both long and short, I like that there waterproof, camo, and quiet.. I also have a leather Amish made holster with embossed strutter on it, very cool looking, but not as practical as Ms Green's IMO...She has reasonable prices and great to deal with. Going to order a Yoder someday to compare....

Offline Gen.27:3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »
Does anyone have contact information for Mrs. Green? Thanks in advance
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »

Glenda has a web page on FaceBook. That's where she does most of her business.
She has a presence on here also. She goes by, of course, Glenda Green. You can search for her in the members search.
You can email her at greenscch@yahoo.com

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »
I have 2 of Yoder’s one for long box the other for henbox. High quality craftsmanship all the way . like Greg said they are stiff but figured after some use they should loosen up some and I am sure Glenda’s are nice to. Waterproof material would be nice if a storm sneaks up on you. I usually have a bread sack or ziplock with me for that purpose.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 02:28:31 PM »
I have 2 of Yoder’s one for long box the other for henbox. High quality craftsmanship all the way . like Greg said they are stiff but figured after some use they should loosen up some and I am sure Glenda’s are nice to. Waterproof material would be nice if a storm sneaks up on you. I usually have a bread sack or ziplock with me for that purpose.

:agreed:  Yoder's design breaks in quick fitting your box like a second tough, protective skin cushioned by the wool, just a carefully thought out and executed design. Box doesn't squeak or make a peep when walking or crawling which is a huge plus.

Can't speak for Ms. Green's design but it looks nice. I have found other commercially available "soft" holsters I've tried needed a rubber band to keep the box quiet, and I just don't care for wrapping and unwrapping rubber bands. :z-twocents:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Glenda Green

• GreensCCH
Box call holder
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »
I do not make leather holsters. The holsters I make are 500D Codura Nylon Double coated PU on the outside, foam center and ultra suede liner. I make with it with or without Velcro. They fit snug enough not to need Velcro but happy to add if you prefer. I also sell on my FB page along with many other cases
https://m.facebook.com/glenda.green.9256028

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 03:04:17 PM by Glenda Green »
Saving the life of one dog will not change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog.

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 02:46:47 PM »

:agreed:  Yoder's design breaks in quick fitting your box like a second tough, protective skin cushioned by the wool, just a carefully thought out and executed design. Box doesn't squeak or make a peep when walking or crawling which is a huge plus.

Can't speak for Ms. Green's design but it looks nice. I have found other commercially available "soft" holsters I've tried needed a rubber band to keep the box quiet, and I just don't care for wrapping and unwrapping rubber bands. :z-twocents:
    AS you can see from her picture she posted , you don't need rubber bands ....

Offline Bowhuntr73

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • "Conflict is the only Solution"
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 03:50:40 PM »
Two great holster makers with Yoder and Glenda. Their holsters are superior for the money and how well made they are, either or both you won’t go wrong!

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 04:05:31 PM »

Clearly I never said her's needed a rubber band. As a matter of fact, I complimented Glenda's design, twice. I detest generic box store versions though.

I feel no need to be "different," instead I very much like both designs. ::)
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline idratherb

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 04:35:43 PM »
 :jackson:

Offline Gen.27:3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »

Glenda has a web page on FaceBook. That's where she does most of her business.
She has a presence on here also. She goes by, of course, Glenda Green. You can search for her in the members search.
You can email her at greenscch@yahoo.com

Thanks!!
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »

Clearly I never said her's needed a rubber band. As a matter of fact, I complimented Glenda's design, twice. I detest generic box store versions though.

I feel no need to be "different," instead I very much like both designs. ::)
  I agree with you, some of those box stores , holsters are not very good ....

Offline MS Boy

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »
Yoder on its way to Mississippi !!

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »
You made a good choice, I think you’ll be more than pleased