OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: First Wingbone  (Read 1001 times)

Offline bspurred

First Wingbone
« on: March 03, 2019, 09:15:18 PM »

Im hoping you guys can help me out a little, Im looking for my first wingbone call and want to learn how to use one. I am looking for some guidance on the best wingbone call for the money, I know there are some really expensive one out there but I'm just starting to learn and don't want to go overboard on a collectors piece.
     I was also hoping to get some guidance on who or what videos to study to eventually become proficient at playing one.

Thanks in advance!! :OGturkeyhead:

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Re: First Wingbone
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 09:21:37 PM »
Ez on here makes an affordable and great wingbone so does fatbeard on here. Mark Sharpe is another good one. Mark may have a longer wait list but I like all three makers. There are other guys also but I have experience with these guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 04:36:36 AM by Chris O »

Offline Candyman

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:00:39 PM »
My first was from Mark Sharpe. I liked it so much I got one from EZ. Both are outstanding. I killed 2 birds using Mark’s last year. One was a public land bird with 1 1/8” sharp hooks. You will be pleased with either.

Offline Fatbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:08:21 PM »
I make them and would be happy to help you out. Bent Creek Wingbones on Facebook or I can send pictures of my work.
East TN Beard Buster

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 12:20:13 AM »
Only wing bone I have is from EZ.  Great price, easy to play and still fancy enough to be a collector's piece. Tony is a great guy and easy to work with. Mine won't ever go any where, it is made out of bones from a bird I killed.

Honestly the best way to learn is to get the call and practice. Savduck has a video on you tube that has the best explanation for how to draw air into the call that I have seen. His video shows a trumpet but the mechanics are the same for the wing bone.

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 11:35:21 AM »
Mark Sharpe.  Search youtube videos by Del Crow.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff