OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Poll: What's your favorite red dot?

Started by valerio024, March 04, 2019, 08:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.goebel

Justin Goebel

LRD

Burris FF3 is what I use. I like it because it's small. My son has used a trs-25 for the past few years with no issues and killed several birds. We also put one on a 30-30 that he killed 7 deer with. We're switching to a FF3 this year for him as he wanted something a little smaller and lighter. You can't go wrong with either.

Gobbler428

I bought a Vortex Venom last year and put it on my SBE2. Great red dot - no issues - highly recommend.

busta biggun

Eotech for me. I had three Red Dots and a Nikon that all cracked from shooting. I bought my Eotech 6 years ago and have never had a single issue. Built like a TANK!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut N Run

FastFire 3 on a Speed Bead base.  I gave my FF2 to one of my best friends and it sits on his tricked out 870 turkey slayer.  Lifetime guarantee and made in USA

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

deerpoo22

I have a FF 2 and a 3, vortex venom, and an Aimpoint 9000sc. I love them all and can't go wrong with any of them. I have to give a shoutout tho to Burris's customer service. First time I mounted that FF2 I stupidly stripped one of the mounting screws and ruined the included base. Burris no questions sent me a new one.
The second time I called them I lost that flimsy rubber protector that comes with it and called them up to see if I could buy a new one. Explained to the guy on the phone I lost it while turkey hunting, then the guy starts laughing it up on the phone and said he's lost count how many of them silly things he lost over the years turkey hunting. We talked hunting for well over 15 minutes and assured me he'd personally put one in the mail free of charge as soon as our phone call ended.
When I received the package from Burris a few days later he sent not 1 but 4 of those protectors with a handwritten note thanking me for my business. Needless to say I'm a customer of burris for life

Kdad

I have had a FFIII and haven't had any issues.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

Quote from: Kdad on March 07, 2019, 05:14:46 PM
I have had a FFIII and haven't had any issues.

FF3 as well. Suddenly after three years, mine wouldn't turn off. Sent it to Burris and they replaced it no problem. Just bought another FF3 for a new project.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

model94

I like my Bushnell Trophy Red/ Green Dot. I have using it since 2008 and zero issues

JoeA

NWTF, SCI, DU and Half Tone Game Calls

Jbird22

I have two of the Fastfire II's (2011 & 2016/2017) and have been very pleased with them. I prefer them over the FF3 due to the simplicity of use. The only drawback is having to remove the II from it's base to replace the battery. I don't need to replace mine but every 3-4 years so it's not a big deal to me.

jrinny

I have a bushnell trophy red dot (straight red dot without the reticle options) on a Weatherby sa459 20 gauge. I also have a Burris ff3 with a Sumtoy Mount/ protector on a Winchester Sx3. I like them both...the Burris is a lot lower profile though

Timmer

I had a Bushnell for around 6 years but some sort of a seal must have broken.  If it rained or there was heavy fog it would be unusable for days.  I replaced it with a Burris Fast Fire 3 and that has been problem free for at least as long.

Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!