OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Poll: What's your favorite red dot?  (Read 7860 times)

Offline Bamalimbhanger

Re: Poll: What's your favorite red dot?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »
I have 2 aimpoints  (H-2 and T-2) and a vortex sparc 2. the vortex is ok, I prefer the aimpoint it is a high quality product which is pricey.  Larue tactical has the best prices. the optic comes with a quick detach mount. aimpoint come with a battery that lasts about 5 thousand hours .

Offline Jroddc

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »
I have both the Eotech 512 and the Holosun 510c elite green. Both are great imo but starting to like the Holosun more and more.

Offline Strutr

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 12:01:40 AM »
I was gifted a Sightmark Mini Reflex sight about 4-5 years ago.  It's the only red dot sight I've ever owned.   I've had it on my TC Encore turkey gun and it has stood up to a diet of heavy turkey loads and some slug shooting without a hiccup.  It's the most basic red dot Sightmark makes, probably cost about $60, and has a 3moa dot with two brightness settings.  Just shows that you don't have to break the bank to put a red dot on your turkey gun.   

Offline catman529

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Run 'n Gunner
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 11:29:20 AM »
Tried a FF 2 and switched to a truglo gobble stopper... I like the truglo a lot better. Probably will sell the Burris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Footballer

• Longbeard
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 11:45:10 AM »
I have 2 Bushnell trs-25s and love them. They are durable and very affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stewdawg

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 04:59:37 PM »
Vortex Sparc 2

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2019, 08:53:43 AM »
I have several FF IIs, dependable sights. This year I opted to try a Sig Sauer Romeo 5. Turn it on and leave it on. It shuts down automatically after a minute of no movement. Move the gun slightly and it turns back on. They are boasting 40,000 hours of battery life
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Offline bghunter777

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2019, 02:27:50 PM »
Another vote for the Bushnell I replace the battery every year but have never had it run out. I leave it on the entire time I'm hunting

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2019, 02:46:55 PM »
Vortex venom
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline bghunter777

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
The Bushnells are typically around $100-$120 they are $44 on Amazon now

Offline Liljake

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 10:41:35 AM »
I have a Bushnell trophy, a bushnell TRS 25 and a Nikon spur. I like them all.  The Bushnells have proven themselves over time on heavy recoiling shotguns. The spur is new,  but I really like  it’s lightweight and very clear glass. That said if I were to buy any new red dot it would have to have an auto off feature to save the battery.
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 10:46:43 AM »
I had a Bushnell for around 6 years but some sort of a seal must have broken.  If it rained or there was heavy fog it would be unusable for days.  I replaced it with a Burris Fast Fire 3 and that has been problem free for at least as long.
Why did you replace it?  Bushnell has a Fantastic replacement policy.  If you still have it, get it replaced or repaired.

Offline hootgobbleyelpgobble

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2019, 11:02:40 AM »
Only have experience with the FF3 and Bushnell TRS-25. I like the low profile of the FF3 and how you do not have to remove the sight to do a battery swap. I change the battery at the beginning of every season.

I like the TRS-25 sight on an AR more as it is cheaper and only used for plinking. It has more of a larger profile. I didn't like it on a shot gun because of the "tunnel vision" I had with it.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
Bushnell Trs 25 has held up like a champ for me. I also love my FF3. If your on a budget i don't think you could go wrong with the trs 25. The only things that i found negative about them are the factory lens covers are easy to lose, and the lens tint is a little dark for my taste in dim light.

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2019, 11:46:04 AM »
I have used the FF3, Vortex Venom, an Aimpoint 900SC and the Bushnell. Of all of them the Aimpoint is the cadillac. However, I have determined that I like a regular crosshair reticle scope better than all of them and currently run a Leupold 2-7x33 and think I am through searching for the best option for turkey gun optics now.