OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Seat Cushion Mod?

Started by Dr.Love, March 24, 2019, 06:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Love

Has anyone every added foam to the seat cushion on your vest? I have a Cableas Tatical vest that the cushion has just about gone flat in. 30 mins of sitting and its not worth using anymore. Would I be better off getting another cushion or could I cut it open and added some new foam? Anyone else had this problem?
Thanks

Dark Cloud

I bet if they work,you could use one of those blue cushions,they advertise you can sit on a egg ,and it won't bust

Cottonmouth

I had the same problem. I had some old vests and removed one of the cushions. Then got my wife to sew a lot of Velcro strips to each vest, then pressed them together. I have hunted hard for 2 years with that setup and they haven't shown any sign of separation.  Like sitting in my recliner now. I'd send pics but I'm 100 miles from my vest right now.

LaLongbeard

I took one of the bamboo cushions that's contoured to your but and added a piece of egg crate foam and had it covered in camo. Found some really strong magnets and had them sewed in also. The cushion is about like sitting on the couch and I like the cutout section that keeps pressure off your tail bone. Magnets are nice when you have to jump up and move just flip and go. Modified this old Greenleaf vest and added the cushion best vest I've had and I've tried a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

TNhunterKMC

Get one if the high density foam camp pads and cut two pieces of it and sandwich the current foam inside the two pieces.  It will be much more comfy.

strum

This year I got a H.S. Strut two way strut seats because my tater cushion is also flattened. Tried it sat morning and Im sold. it fits in the vest perfect and is very light. use it and the Tater cushion combined you'll stay much much longer . 

https://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Specialties-Strut-Deluxe-Two-Way/dp/B002KERC1O

zeke632

I added a tree stand cushion to mine with some glue.