North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hammerin Hookzillas

Started by twyatt, March 03, 2019, 10:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: MDbowman on March 08, 2019, 12:31:39 PM
Team C,

Good luck to ya'll in the contest. Sounds like you have a bunch of turkey killers and that's great. But that is only half the battle!  Read the rules and take GOOD pics.

It's all about getting the required pics!!  Just a little helpful hint. Good luck from someone on another team!

Thanks bowman! Gonna try our best. Good luck to y'all as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makohoss

Hey guys I'm Makohoss I live down in south Ms glad to be on the team.

squidd

ads1

Welcome Makohoss! I retired from Mississippi and came to Illinois where the turkeys eat corn and soybeans.
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

squidd

Had two firing off this morning and had another hunted move in that helped push them away - then he set up 75 yds away - that gave me an opportunity to move and scout a new area - lots of tracks and no birds.

twyatt

Quote from: squidd on March 09, 2019, 10:58:17 AM
Had two firing off this morning and had another hunted move in that helped push them away - then he set up 75 yds away - that gave me an opportunity to move and scout a new area - lots of tracks and no birds.

Stay after 'em Todd - good luck next time!

Roost 1

Good luck guys and like mentioned above take good pics and remember cut off beards and legs will not count.....lots of guys get caught up on technicalities and it always happens to the biggest birds. Don't let your excitement get the best of you...

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 10, 2019, 11:07:33 PM
Good luck guys and like mentioned above take good pics and remember cut off beards and legs will not count.....lots of guys get caught up on technicalities and it always happens to the biggest birds. Don't let your excitement get the best of you...

Thanks for the heads up! Hope we can make this an even better contest this year!

twyatt

I went ahead and submitted the name and captain, so hopefully we'll be "official" soon 

Welcome to all the new members of the team, and good luck to the guys already hunting!

squidd

twyatt

Knocked out a few calls waiting on season to get here.  Just need to engrave the back now.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: twyatt on March 11, 2019, 07:51:27 PM
Knocked out a few calls waiting on season to get here.  Just need to engrave the back now.

Good looking stuff right there

squidd

Is there a noticeable sound difference between to slate colors?

twyatt

Yes, green is more dense than gray, so it will be higher pitched.  Red is more dense than green, so typically it will be similar but higher than green.  Depends on how the call is made though too, plus what wood it's in.   

Caspar

hey whats up fellas. my name is Tim and im from s.w. Pa. this is also my first time in the team competition. ive been hunting turkeys off and on for about 20 years. i started getting serious about it probably 7-8 years ago and have really gone all in since joining the forum last year. i exclusively hunt mountain birds on public land but we have some really good numbers. i saw quite a few longbeards during archery season so im very optimistic and looking forward to this coming spring gobbler season.