OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Team member info  (Read 2636 times)

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
Team member info
« on: March 03, 2019, 09:51:42 PM »
Where’s everybody from? I am from southern Indiana and been chasing these birds since 1992. Good luck everyone!

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
Re: Team member info
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »
I’m Andrew from Northern Alabama. I can’t wait to be in the woods this spring toting my shotgun.  I’m driving my wife and kids crazy with all the turkey talk right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline notsure

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 11:21:56 PM »
Born in WV and grew up just across the border in SE OH. I now live in Rochester, MN. Primarily, I hunt turkeys in the Chatfield area, and occasionally (including this season) in central WI. 

Offline camotoe

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 06:36:34 AM »
I’m in south Florida name is David I will be hunting Florida and hope to get up to se Ohio . I want to get an eastern up there where I deer hunt it’s loaded with them . Or is when deer hunting ????. I called one in for my son Saturday so my turn  next weekend . 

Offline SwampChickenSC

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:04:27 AM »
Hey fellas, Eric here from the lowcountry of South Carolina.  16 more days until I get to start chasing em' here at home and I'll be finishing off the season in the North Georgia mountains at a friends property. 
"some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Offline fmf

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 09:48:00 AM »
Mississippi here.  Youth opens in a few days, and the season opens March 15

Offline BennieGobbler

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 02:20:53 PM »
Hey Fellas!!  Bennie here from VA....Got a youth hunter lined up for youth day 4/6/19.   I will miss the opener here because of work reward trip...My first day in the woods for myself will be April 20th...My wife is ready to strangle me with my wingbone and tube calls I am trying to learn!   Cant wait to see how we do!!  GO TEAM!!
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »
Hey Fellas!!  Bennie here from VA....Got a youth hunter lined up for youth day 4/6/19.   I will miss the opener here because of work reward trip...My first day in the woods for myself will be April 20th...My wife is ready to strangle me with my wingbone and tube calls I am trying to learn!   Cant wait to see how we do!!  GO TEAM!!
Yep I’ve been relegated to practicing my calls in the truck while I’m driving. Good luck on the youth hunt.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 08:14:42 PM »
NH here. I got snow upto my a$$. Birds look pretty thick up here now

Offline JoeA

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 04:28:01 PM »
I live a little ways west of Pearl Harbor, and work on Ford Is. My season started Mar 1, but I'm flying over to the Big Island to hunt Mauna Kea next week. (3/13-20). I've been hunting Mauna Kea since '00. I started making slate calls in late 2017. 

I grew up an Air Force brat across the Southeast US, and my parents and their parents...etc hail from Lafayette, LA to Houston and all points in between.

I'm excited to see pix of everyone's birds. Best of luck to everyone! May you all bust one bigger than the one your dreamed about.
NWTF, SCI, DU and Half Tone Game Calls

Offline Arlo

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 10:27:57 PM »
Hi guys. Just got added to team A. I am from Alabama as well. I will follow up with a better introduction tomorrow when I have more time.
"I'd rather Turkey Hunt than breathe, I just can't figure out how to get away with it!"

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 08:46:26 AM »
Good luck to all of you 101-ers!  Welcome to the contest!