turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

301 Savage .410 turkey

Started by tap.emtp, March 03, 2019, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tap.emtp

So I can't find the turkey version any where in the world apparently! I'm on three different  waiting lists. So it's not gonna happen before season. My fault for waiting to long to order one, but who knew they would be so popular. So my grandson has the youth Rossi .410 with the fixed mod choke. I've ordered some TSS #9s. Anyone tried this combo and what were you results? Thanks

Mottledcitizen

i have the youth rossi for my 5 year old son with modified barrel. its good out to about 25 anything after that is kind of iffy in my opinion. I had it drilled and tapped and put an AE optics red dot on it. hoping he can kill one this Saturday for the youth hunt.

tap.emtp

Thanks Mottledcitizen. What shell are you using?

Mottledcitizen

Federal heavyweight tss 3" #9

SoDak_JD

A friend that has a FFL for his business has the 301 .410 turkey on order for me.  The distributor told him that they have 100 requested and almost that many orders but not sure when they'll get them or how many initially.

This past Monday (3/11), on the Savage Facebook page, someone asked when they'd be available.  The Savage response was:

We are starting to ship to distributors now and more in the coming weeks. Ask your dealer to place an order for you!

That could be kind of late for the southern hunters whose season has started already.  I'm hoping there'll be one in stock for me to use this year.  I'm hoping to have some fun hunting with it and then start my son on it in a few years (he's only three now).

davisd9

I have the 301 compact with 22" barrel. Shooting with a SumToy.388 I get 130s with clean barrel at 40 yards using Browning TSS 9s. It shoots a little low with SumToy but dead on with Mod which is good to 30 yards with clean barrel and TSS 9s.

Mod, I aimed high cause of SumToy being high, next shot was dead on with aiming at waddles:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Terry

Looking good. I think those would be good numbers for a .410 and 9's

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

schief

I just got a Jebs choke tube for my 301. will shoot next week