OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Where all is everyone going this year? Who is up first??  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Where all is everyone going this year? Who is up first??
« on: March 02, 2019, 09:53:55 PM »
I’ll be in AL March 16 and after that I have plans to hunt GA TN KY OH MI(with Hookedspur and Snapper) and then finish up with a NY/VT trip.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
Re: Where all is everyone going this year? Who is up first??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 11:04:39 PM »
Not sure yet about out-of-state hunts this spring.  We were considering our old haunt in Texas but found out that the property next to the one we hunt has cleared off everything and is in the process of covering the whole area with solar panels.  The report from our landowner is that all of the turkeys have left the area. Looks like that may be out now, although we have a line on a new place to go in south TX maybe.

I will hunt New Mexico for sure in mid/late-April and will likely head to Colorado and Utah again this year in May.  If Texas falls through altogether then I may look for another state or two to hit at some point. 

Offline ScottS

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »
I’ll be starting in Texas March 30th then to New Mexico mid April and to Colorado early May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 03:49:22 AM »
 Ohio , Indiana , PA , MI , WV for me
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »
Can someone explain how the teams work, ways to get on a team and what qualifications needed to be on one? Thanks!

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
Where all is everyone going this year? Who is up first??
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
Can someone explain how the teams work, ways to get on a team and what qualifications needed to be on one? Thanks!

Register to the random entry thread. Shannon posted earlier he’s looking for more people for teams. As for qualifications, kill birds and post GOOD pics as stated in the rules. And be sure to follow them to the “T” as things can get a bit dicey down the stretch.

As for my hunting, mostly WV again this year and possibly MD if time permits but the last couple years I’ve managed a decent bird close to home. Hoping that trend continues because it’s looking like we’re gonna be plenty busy with the pool business this spring/summer. Calls coming in every day for new installs and liner replacements as well as new maintenance contracts. If I can’t find some reliable employees this year, not sure what I’m going to do!

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »

Register to the random entry thread. Shannon posted earlier he’s looking for more people for teams. As for qualifications, kill birds and post GOOD pics as stated in the rules. And be sure to follow them to the “T” as things can get a bit dicey down the stretch.

As for my hunting, mostly WV again this year and possibly MD if time permits but the last couple years I’ve managed a decent bird close to home. Hoping that trend continues because it’s looking like we’re gonna be plenty busy with the pool business this spring/summer. Calls coming in every day for new installs and liner replacements as well as new maintenance contracts. If I can’t find some reliable employees this year, not sure what I’m going to do!

Hey thanks for the info. I only get to hunt my farm in middle to or another buddies farm every now and then usually but I’m fortunate to have some really good turkeys on it. I signed up and I’m assigned to team C. Thanks again!

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »
Good luck TC
CRUSADERS

Offline honker22

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 12:20:46 PM »
I will probably be up first.  Gonna hunt my place in MS March 15 and then drive over to Bama and shoot one of American Strutter's birds on the 16th.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 12:36:28 PM »
North Fla, NC, TN, KS, NM, and maybe Ala, South Fla.  :camohat:

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
Good idea Honker
CRUSADERS

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 07:11:51 PM »
I do envy those of u that get to travel around chasing these birds. It hits during my busy season tho and limits how far I can go. It does make elk hunting more appealing tho. I’ve got a 5 year plan figured out tho. Lol