turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MB500-Fed HW #7’s,Trulock

Started by TrackeySauresRex, March 02, 2019, 06:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Fed HW 1.5 #7's 1100fps @40. There is definitely better. However...
Can the tss load #7 top this I haven't been to impressed with the tss 7's yet. I'm looking for a reason to buy em.

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

nyhunter

looks good to me 

I'm shooting the same load out of an 870 youth, and i been getting around 130's-150's and that pattern has to be close to that.

DBell

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 02, 2019, 06:14:29 PM
Fed HW 1.5 #7's 1100fps @40. There is definitely better. However...
Can the tss load #7 top this I haven't been to impressed with the tss 7's yet. I'm looking for a reason to buy em.

I don't see any reason to buy em with the HW7 pattern you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

The problem is they don't make it anymore  :'(

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: nyhunter on March 02, 2019, 07:10:47 PM
looks good to me 

I'm shooting the same load out of an 870 youth, and i been getting around 130's-150's and that pattern has to be close to that.

I'm really not to big on the numbers. I always look for the evenness. However, 215 was a rough count way back when I checked.

DBell

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 02, 2019, 08:01:24 PM
Buy the HW 6 on Rogers sporting goods. Bet you'll still have a pattern that will dump gobblers

savduck

Georgia Boy

TrackeySauresRex

nyhunter

TrackeySauresRex, what gun and choke you shooting?   

I have enough Fed HW 1.5oz #7's to last me another year or 2 then I'll be buying something else :'(

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: nyhunter on March 03, 2019, 11:12:25 AM
TrackeySauresRex, what gun and choke you shooting?   

I have enough Fed HW 1.5oz #7's to last me another year or 2 then I'll be buying something else :'(

MB-26" Barrel equiped with a Bushnell red dot and Trulock .575 turkey choke. If you call Trulock tell them what your shooting, gun and shell. They will hook you up.

ahfox16

Quote from: DBell on March 02, 2019, 09:08:51 PM
Buy the HW 6 on Rogers sporting goods. Bet you'll still have a pattern that will dump gobblers

I have 7 boxes of those being delivered tomorrow.  They may not pattern as good as the 7's, but they will no doubt crush a turkey at 40 yards all day and every day.  That is one helluva good price for that shell.

PS.  I shoot a Benelli Nova 20 gauge with a Sumtoy .562.  Have destroyed birds with that combo.  Even though I have a FF3, I haven't mounted it.  Luckily my Nova shoot perfect with the factory bead.

savduck

Quote from: ahfox16 on March 03, 2019, 05:33:44 PM
Quote from: DBell on March 02, 2019, 09:08:51 PM

I have 7 boxes of those being delivered tomorrow.  They may not pattern as good as the 7's, but they will no doubt crush a turkey at 40 yards all day and every day.  That is one helluva good price for that shell.

PS.  I shoot a Benelli Nova 20 gauge with a Sumtoy .562.  Have destroyed birds with that combo.  Even though I have a FF3, I haven't mounted it.  Luckily my Nova shoot perfect with the factory bead.

The 6s can pattern as good as some people's #7s. I have a weatherby and sumtoy 570 that puts up 140/150 patterns with #6s. My second weatherby with pure gold temptest 570 shoots them 120s.
Georgia Boy