OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Team b  (Read 28848 times)

Offline RossAnderson

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Team b
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2019, 07:08:16 PM »
I got it done and finished my Mississippi season this morning. He’s an old bird but don’t know how he’ll score compared to my other 2 birds. I’ll post score later tonight. I’m going to Kansas, Nebraska, and Black Hills in South Dakota last 3 weeks of May so hopefully I can top it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that’s awesome. Good job on stackin em up in Mississippi.

-Ross

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
Well, DANG, dude !!!    You're a killin' machine !!!!

Well done.!!!!    CONGRATS !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2019, 08:20:37 PM »
Speaking of killin' machines.........

My daughter laid another Youth day longbeard out this morning.   I made a post in the General forum about it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:59:04 AM by Yoder409 »
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline zsully

« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2019, 09:04:36 PM »
Speaking of killin' machines.........

My daughter laid another Youth day longbeard out this morning.   I made a purchase at in the General forum about it.

Youth day is awesome. My buddy and I had some success this morning with a 15 year old from his church.  Hunt was text book. Got close to the roost, bird gobbled 2x on the roost, flew down, put on a show coming in across a field and died at 7 yards. 10 & 1/4 beard and 1 & 3/8 spurs.

Offline xbowhuntonly

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2019, 09:56:12 AM »
If we hunt multiple states can we keep adding the birds to our teams score asking as the better than the last? Just wondering

Offline POk3s

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »
I’m sure glad you’re on my team Delmar. Great job!!

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2019, 12:13:34 PM »
Thanks guys, I was fortunate to get lucky a few times this year, but I was served quite a few pieces of humble pie by these great birds. I've really enjoyed this competition and getting to see how everyone's seasons are going. Hopefully we can keep stacking them up!

Offline zsully

« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2019, 09:30:09 PM »
I can’t wait to get behind the gun this weekend. Got a bead on a bunch of different birds in a bunch of spots so my buddy and I have options. Should be a good season in Pa.

Offline POk3s

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2019, 10:19:10 AM »
Leaving for Iowa today after work for a try at my first eastern. Google maps says 11.5 hours from the house! I have 10 days off, so in a perfect world I’ll get tagged out in Iowa and hunt my way back across Nebraska. I’ll try to update you guys best I can!

I hate to even say these words, but if you want to follow along and offer some tips, tactics, or encouragement, you guys can find me on Instagram at @twilliamswy or Facebook at “Trent Williams Outdoors”.

Offline RossAnderson

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2019, 11:33:33 AM »
Leaving for Iowa today after work for a try at my first eastern. Google maps says 11.5 hours from the house! I have 10 days off, so in a perfect world I’ll get tagged out in Iowa and hunt my way back across Nebraska. I’ll try to update you guys best I can!

I hate to even say these words, but if you want to follow along and offer some tips, tactics, or encouragement, you guys can find me on Instagram at @twilliamswy or Facebook at “Trent Williams Outdoors”.

Good luck to you bud. I hope the huntin goes good for you and safe travel.

-Ross

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »

Go get 'em, bud !!!!!!

I'd follow your adventure...…….but social media ain't for anti-social folks, so...……….

Tomorrow's our opener, here.  Weather forecast for gobble time is 37 degrees with a 20% chance of rain & snow and winds 17 mph, gusting to 30 mph.   Sounds more like freakin' deer season !!!   Ugh...………..      Anyhoo………… I have a pretty decent idea where I may run into some birds making for a field if it's REAL crappy in the A.M.   

We shall see...……………..
PA elitist since 1979

Offline POk3s

« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2019, 10:05:23 AM »
I hear you Yoder!

Forecast is about the same here. Although it looks pretty nice here in Omaha right now!

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2019, 10:37:14 AM »
Few more points for the B's...……..

6:54 AM    The day broke a WHOLE LOT prettier than the weatherman said it would.  A little breezy, but tolerable.  This guy came pushing 2 hens and 2 jakes in to me.  About a 30 yard shot sealed it up pretty easily.   Haven't measured or weighed yet (gotta do a Walmart run because I can't find my scale) but just a so-so 2 year old as far as score goes.  A perfect TROPHY asfar as the morning's hunt experience goes.

Have a second tag in my pocket and two weeks of hunting EVERY DAY to fill it.

PA elitist since 1979

Offline RossAnderson

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
Congrats man. That’s a pretty picture to.

-Ross

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »
Congrats Yoder! Every gobbler from a successful hunt is a trophy in my book. You never know the score till you ground check them anyway