North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Team b

Started by Old Gobbler, March 02, 2019, 05:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

He'll do !!!   Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

zsully

That's a real nice bird. I've been increasing my scouting and been asking for permission here in PA. I've knocked on a bunch of doors and had some success. Real excited about this farm which is a new addition about 1/2 mile from my house. Place sounded like a turkey coop this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbowhuntonly

Quote from: zsully on March 24, 2019, 08:55:59 AM
That's a real nice bird. I've been increasing my scouting and been asking for permission here in PA. I've knocked on a bunch of doors and had some success. Real excited about this farm which is a new addition about 1/2 mile from my house. Place sounded like a turkey coop this morning.

Looks like you have a honey hole

zsully

I sure hope so. There's a solid population this year from what I'm seeing so far.  Little surprised since last spring was soooooo wet.

Yoder409

Where was that you live, again.............. ???

:D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

xbowhuntonly

Yes send directions to the flock

Yoder409

Quote from: xbowhuntonly on March 24, 2019, 10:56:54 AM

GPS coordinates would be fine...............................
PA elitist since 1979

xbowhuntonly

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 24, 2019, 10:58:02 AM
Quote from: xbowhuntonly on March 24, 2019, 10:56:54 AM

GPS coordinates would be fine...............................
That works also

zsully

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 24, 2019, 10:54:27 AM
Where was that you live, again.............. ???

:D

Just moved last year from Delmont to McDonald just sw of Pittsburgh. I'd be happy to take anybody around here in exchange for some gps coordinates for turkeys in SD, NE or KS lol

xbowhuntonly

I have 3 great spots in North Carolina Kentucky an Ohio

Yoder409

Quote from: zsully on March 24, 2019, 11:02:34 AM
Just moved last year from Delmont to McDonald just sw of Pittsburgh.

Well, dang.................  You moved the wrong direction. 

I was thinking maybe we'd hunt a day down your way and a day up my way if it would come together.  But you're waaaaaay out there, now...........  :(
PA elitist since 1979

KHNC

POk3s

Yoder409

Hit a high point at gobble time this morning to hear what I could hear.  They were hammering away here and there.  Heard, probably 6 or 8.  Should have been more.  But it's the most I've heard yet this spring.

Did some errand running after breakfast and there were birds out and strutting EVERYWHERE.  Always nice to see and hear.
PA elitist since 1979

zsully

I did some listening and looking myself this morning. It was a great morning. Had birds gobbling on the roost on two different farms I'll be hunting this year. Did some driving and found more birds at a couple other spots. Starting to look like the big winter flocks are starting to break up. Flocks which were 40+ birds last week are in the mid 20's today. Saw some lone gobblers and small groups. Found this stud (only male turkey in the group) with 17 hens just before we wrapped things up for the morning.