Started by Old Gobbler, March 02, 2019, 05:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zsully

Congrats on the fine public land bird.

Yoder409

Excellent job !!!!!

CONGRATS !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

xbowhuntonly

Awesome job on a awesome bird congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POk3s

Thank you guys. He strutted in front of me for a good 20 minutes with a hen at his side. She started sliding down the point of the ridge towards the river bottom. Turkeys don't get to hang up on me without getting killed or spooked! Hahahaha! Especially on public land!

zsully

I had a wedding in ohio on Saturday. Decided to cash in a couple of PTO days and hunt public land down here for a couple days. Saw birds today but couldn't get them to work. Put some to bed tonight and looking forward to being in the fame tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.

POk3s

awesome man! Get em!!

zsully

Got a good upgrade bird in Pa this morning. It was one tough hunt and he was well worth it. Pics and score coming.

RossAnderson

Quote from: zsully on May 11, 2019, 02:32:50 PM
Got a good upgrade bird in Pa this morning. It was one tough hunt and he was well worth it. Pics and score coming.

Oh yeah! That's awesome. Solid bird right there! Congrats!

-Ross

Mossyguy

Our team has been pretty solid this year. Congrats to everyone who has scored and good luck to those who haven't entered one...yet!

Yoder409

Way to go, Z !!!!

Heck of a bird !!!   CONGRATS !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

zsully

Thanks guys. I saw this bird by himself Friday night. Didn't get a real good look at him since I was trying to glass him from a main road. I knew he was heading toward a block of timber between 2 fields. This was the same block that I killed my first bird back on opening day. My buddy and I got set up before first light and we heard him gobble on the opposite side of the field. We moved as close as we could but ran out of woods with him still gobbling from the tree about 200 yards away.  It didn't take long with him gobbling so much before we found him in the tree. And in the tree is where he stayed until 7:15. After he flew down we threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and he just stood in the field by himself picking seeds off the grass tops. After 2 hours of feeding in a circle at about 150 yards he decided he could come check out the two hens in the wood lot. I ended up shooting him at about 10 yards. Right after I killed him 4 more gobblers fired up and absolutely burned down the woods for the next half hour. All 4 came within 5 yards. What a great day.

Delmar ODonnell

got it done first day on Kansas public land! These Midwest birds make our MS birds look like hummingbirds

zsully

Congrats Delmar. Looks like a real good one. Upgrade?

Delmar ODonnell

Just below I believe. He was 56.75. He had little nubby spurs

zsully

Great bird regardless. Congrats again