OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Purring on mouth call  (Read 4315 times)

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
Re: Purring on mouth call
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 08:54:37 PM »
Harty, give Scott (Hooks) a call at 870-793-6141.  Tell him your problem and I'm sure he'll fix you up with a call that will make purring easier.  I like the Executioner.  It is a split v, 2 1/2 reed call that is easy to use.  When you call Scott, be prepared to talk turkey for a while.  He loves to talk to his customers.  Great guy, Great calls.  Ask him about his 2.5 ghost cut and 2 reed Harvester split v as well.

Offline OHTKYHNTR89

Re: Purring on mouth call
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
Purring was difficult for me also. because I make my own calls I have been able to experiment with different types of cuts and stretches without spending big $$. For me I like a low stretch batwing or combo cut to purr on. I purr from the throat, its like gargling but with out the water. I would be more than happy to send you a couple to try. Here is a sound file of some purring. Would have liked to have sent you he entire sound file but to big for this site. Good luck and good hunting.