OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Locktite or not on Venom?

Started by RiverRoost, March 20, 2019, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Installing a vortex venom on my shotgun and wondering if I should or shouldn't use any color locktite on the two screws that mount the venom to the base.

CrustyRusty

I don't and have never had a problem, but I do use a torque driver.

Upfold99

I did. Just felt more comfortable. I didnt want to over tighten anything in fear of stripping something out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AT

Just mounted my first one last night. I didn't use any

sixbird

I always use blue loctite. Screws are easily removed and you do away with that, "Oh man, the screws came loose on my sight and I didn't know it until..."

compton30

huntinsomd

Gobbler428

Blue Loctite on mine with no issues as yet.

paboxcall

Just mounted a FF3 using blue loctite for both the mount to the receiver and the sight to the mount.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

RiverRoost

Blue tite it is. Just left wal mart with some. Thanks!

PALongspur

Does anyone else wish the mounts were steel instead of aluminum? I guess the light weight is nice but 12# of torque just doesn't seem like much.  :-*

zeke632

I can tell you from experience and $50 wasted that aluminum mounts for the vortex Venom will bend under very little pressure and not fit the Venom.

AT

I guess I got lucky. I put good amount of guess torque on mine with no issues.

chatterbox

I use the special purple locktite made especially for the smaller screws, and torque my screws to 14 pounds, but that's on a FFII and FFIII, so not sure if the Vortex base takes more or less torque.